LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Anyone have this happen before??

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ill_Born_ss
Do you have your glove box manual for the car?
If not go here and download it:
http://www.gm.ca/media/owners/manual...nual_en_CA.pdf
If you do go to page 5-122 and check the fuse marked CANISTER (passenger side kick panel)
Also go to page 5-126 and check the Emissions 1 and Emissions 2 fuses

Also do you have any mods , cold air intake, exhaust

Also can you tell me what scan tool you are using to clear the codes.
Emissions 1 is blown!! So I'm guessing I get to take this new evap part back for my 50 bucks..
Old 02-11-2013, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, that would be for the heated o2 sensor the valve is on another fuse marked CANISTER and it is in the kick panel on the passenger front side/ inside the car
Old 02-11-2013, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Ok so heres and update.. changed the one bad fuse.. cleared codes.. staryed car total of three time and no more codes.. ???? The fuse caused all these o2 and evap codes? My evap could be from my bad gas cap also
Old 02-11-2013, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

No, that would be for the heated o2 sensor the valve is on another fuse marked CANISTER and it is in the kick panel on the passenger front side/ inside the car
All fuses were good except emissions 1 under the hood..
Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK. very good and yes the gas cap is very important. Before you return the solenoid, follow this test as it may be gone or going.
First the car must be cold (at least 8 hrs. off) open the car door with the key, not the key fob. Get in and sit, touch nothing... with the key fob double click the lock and immediately the auto start. Remember don`t touch anything! Now let it run on its own for around 5 minutes, listen for a tap, tap, tap sound like someone is tapping on the window behind you.(sounds like someone snuck up and tapped with a key on the window lightly, very distinctive) There will only be 3 taps and it will only happen once in a cold start cycle. If the car shuts off (auto start runs out of time) and you did not hear the 3 taps then replace the solenoid. If you do hear the 3 taps then return the solenoid to the dealer.
PS. the low battery caused the fuse to blow as the draw to the heated o2 sensors is a lot.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

I've heard that a million times and never knew what it was...

Thanks for all the help..

I was a bit worried . Seeing as I spent about 1250 dollars on trinity lew tune intake and dp with cat riggt as all this stuff started happening
Old 03-13-2013, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

Sorry to bump this old thread but I am now blowing these fuses left and right.. soon to be checking and wire issues between o2s and evap..

I did notice that when I install cai that.my pcm and tcm wire harnesses were all chewed up.. by the dead mouse that was in my fuse box..

How did he do this when he was dead?? Haha jk

Anyway going to attempt the tape tjese all up but its bad.. if anyone has a link for new wiring for our cars I'd love to see how much it would cost..
Old 03-13-2013, 05:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Recommend strongly that you disconnect your battery until you have this fixed. You will start to fry things (computers, relays or even the car) to say the least, possibly car dying at the most inopportune time causing an accident.

Call your insurance company this should be covered under your policy, if not you can get a new or used harness to replace the ABC one (already been chewed)
Old 03-15-2013, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

Recommend strongly that you disconnect your battery until you have this fixed. You will start to fry things (computers, relays or even the car) to say the least, possibly car dying at the most inopportune time causing an accident.

Call your insurance company this should be covered under your policy, if not you can get a new or used harness to replace the ABC one (already been chewed)
I'll contact them.. But I'd hate to pay some deductable when I could do something to fix for less..
Old 03-16-2013, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

Haven't heard anything yet on insurance. But after I installed dp today I went ahead and taped up all the chewed up wires and replaced fuse.. cleared codes.. haven't gotten anything yet so I believe that's where my problem was.. seeing as the emissions 1 fuse would blow after 2-3 starts. Today alone I've been in and out the car runnin errands at least 5-6 starts.. no blown fuse or codes.. knock on wood..

Didn't check around evap but both o2s wires seem ok..

Just updating my issue in case someone happens o have this problem in the future

Quick Reply: Anyone have this happen before??