LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

New HU or aux adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New HU or aux adapter?

I've been looking at the Clarion cx501... I want to ideally keep the stock deck but have an ipod usb and aux input so i'm looking at adapters but the clarion is appealing as well. It also has bluetooth and says it keeps the steering wheel controls all for around 150 bucks. All of the threads on this topic are old or don't answer the question of; which current adapter kit works for the 08 GXP's with the XM and monsoon sound system?

Is it worth it to switch to an aftermarket instead? If anybody knows of any aftermarket HU's for around 200 or less that blend really well with the interior post em! The only thing is it would drive me nuts to have the date gone on the DIC and to buy a harness to have the door chimes and such.... is there a way to have the date still appear on the DIC???
Old 02-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Teching In

This should help:

http://www.installer.com/cars/by_car.php?carid=7010
Old 03-09-2013, 06:22 AM
Teching In

you can hide the factory deck under the orignal location down by shifter and just wire in the new deck, or you can tape into the xm module if you have it. have look at this. i seen a corvette right up and varried a bit so i made it w-body friendly.

http://www.grandprixforums.net/how-d...ars-64293.html
Old 03-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Dont know if ya still need it but gms-04 is what you need for the adapter. Get the axxess 2
Old 03-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TISmyBOOMSTICK
Dont know if ya still need it but gms-04 is what you need for the adapter. Get the axxess 2
I checked out the axxess but all I can seem to find is the OnStar and doorchimes harness'.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gilroy222
I checked out the axxess but all I can seem to find is the OnStar and doorchimes harness'.
My bad I misread your first post. Yes all that is is the door chimes and onstar. I upgraded my head unit and love it. Totally worth losing the date but then again I always have it on the voltage cause I put in a big amp. But there's no way to keep the date on dic.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TISmyBOOMSTICK
My bad I misread your first post. Yes all that is is the door chimes and onstar. I upgraded my head unit and love it. Totally worth losing the date but then again I always have it on the voltage cause I put in a big amp. But there's no way to keep the date on dic.
Ya i dunno. A new head unit would be sick but I'm one of those guys that likes the stock look of vehicles. So i'm probably going to end up getting the ISGM575. From what I've read it's the kit that WILL work with the stock radio with xm. After hours upon hours of not being able to find a fairly recent thread on this topic, with updated versions of kits (the kits discussed earlier you can't buy anymore) I have found the kit. So for anyone who finds this thread that's the current kit that you can buy that will work. It is the PXAMG kit but the part that makes the kit the ISGM575 is that it comes with the PGHGM5 harness. So basically you can get any of the iSimple kits as long as they come with the PGHGM5 harness. Anybody feel free to correct me if i'm wrong so that I don't buy the wrong one lol.

Last edited by gilroy222; 03-22-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: New HU or aux adapter?