LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

08 Grand Prix GXP tranny Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Grand Prix GXP tranny Cooler

I was wondering if anyone knew of an external transmission cooler that will fit the 08 Grand Prix GXP. I try to google it, search this forum, and all the threads that I read say they installed a tranny cooler, and then I check that cooler and it says it doesn't fit. Does anyone with one of these cars have an external tranny cooler on there GXP, and if so can you please provide me with a specific model number of different kinds, thank you
Old 07-25-2013, 10:12 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by centergod79
I was wondering if anyone knew of an external transmission cooler that will fit the 08 Grand Prix GXP. I try to google it, search this forum, and all the threads that I read say they installed a tranny cooler, and then I check that cooler and it says it doesn't fit. Does anyone with one of these cars have an external tranny cooler on there GXP, and if so can you please provide me with a specific model number of different kinds, thank you
there universal fit man. But something like this will wok great http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000C3DDKO
Old 07-26-2013, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 91parkave
there universal fit man. But something like this will wok great http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000C3DDKO
yea I didn't see a universal fit, the one I was looking at asked me to enter a vehicle and said would not fit, I think what I do wrong when I search is I enter the vehicle. Anyways, is there real proof that these devices work better than your radiator.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

youre over complicating the process, take a look through this link
https://www.google.com/search?q=gran...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Transmission coolers are universal fit, meaning they can be installed in a variety of diffrent vehicles, these coolers are absolutley essential in keeping the transmission healthy, as the factory radiator can only do so much when heat soaked with engine coolant on a constant basis. I highly recomend as well as others to completley bypass the radiator for your approatley sized trans cooler. also note bar plate style like the one i linked you to earlier are the most efficient.

Quick Reply: 08 Grand Prix GXP tranny Cooler