LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Replacement Radio Wiring Harness? 06 SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Radio Wiring Harness? 06 SS

I am trying to find information on the replacement radio wiring harness for my 06 Impala SS. I have Onstar (not using) and the bose system. I have seen different harnesses but I don't know what one I need. Do I HAVE to use one that is for onstar if i do not use it? also the adapter for the wheel controls is there a kit that comes with it or do I have to buy it seperate?

Need all the help I can get!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Teching In

I did my fair share of research a while back before I swapped headunits. I used harness model number GMOS-04 because not only does it retain OnStar and the Monsoon Amp, it also retains the door chimes. Simply put, if you intend on keeping the Monsoon Amp functional, you NEED to get the GMOS-04 harness. The GMOS-01 keeps OnStar and chimes functional without the Monsoon Amp and the LC-GMRC-01 harness only keeps chimes functional. For steering wheel controls that are bought separately, I used metra axxess ASWC-1. It works great and programs itself which is a plus. Honestly, buy the GMOS-04 harness. I don't use OnStar at all either but why skimp on a one time thing right? The GMOS-04 is around $100 and the ASWC-1 is usually around $60. eBay all day!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Hope this helps:

http://pac-audio.com/productSearch.a...2006&YearId=17

Or:

http://www.installer.com/cars/by_car.php?carid=1137

Quick Reply: Replacement Radio Wiring Harness? 06 SS