LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Anybody have real-world numbers after Lew Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have real-world numbers after Lew Tune?

I bit the bullet and ordered a custom tune from Lew... Searching around everybody seems to love it. Just curious though... Has anybody done accurate timing of 0-60's before and after?

Sort of leads to my next question... I didn't get the trinity so how do you guys accurately measure the times?? I want to see how close to that 5.5 time these cars supposidly do stock and then see if I can bring it down after the tune... I'd love a dash hawk but they're a lot of money (if you can even find one) and timing with one hand is hard and sorta dangerous lol. I wish the built in timer on the car would have a 0-60 feature... I can never press the damn stop button because the low traction keeps coming up on the DIC until after 60 lol
Old 08-22-2013, 11:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I've had people in the past go to the track before and after, and have gained mph plus about 2 tenths... which indicates about a 20 hp increase, since it takes about 10hp per tenth...

have also had people do dyno pulls before and after, and have shown gains of 18-22 hp & tq...

of course, like I tell everybody - every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... tough to say due to the variables in play...

I have gained people anywhere from 12-39hp, and 10-23lb. ft. torque...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Sounds promising. I was just wondering if anybodies done some 0-60 times and what they use to record if they didn't get the trinity.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:03 PM
12 Second Club

While your waiting, get your before times and such!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With bolt ons, slicks, and Lew tune my SS ran a 13.0 et..

Quick Reply: Anybody have real-world numbers after Lew Tune?