LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

ls4 gxp transmission

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls4 gxp transmission

well as everyone knows the known issues with the 5.3 fwd. mine just started slipping and talked to dave at tep. its about a 4 week turnaround on the tranny build. my ? is has anyone got a jasper recently that has held up and then did some upgrade to it with tep parts ?
Old 09-19-2013, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfo...-upgrades.html
Old 09-19-2013, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

You could certainly get the Jasper one and put the TEP parts in right away. From what I have heard, the Jasper rebuilds are basically SERTA quality, meaning stock. They would most likely have the same shortcomings as the original trans.

That thread Brian listed is a good setup, the OP has over 100k miles on that rebuild. Still going strong. Just make sure that whomever puts the TEP upgrade parts in puts the entire kit, Dave is not going to sell you something you don't need. Even if the rebuilder thinks it's unnecessary, have him/her do it anyway.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Madcat
You could certainly get the Jasper one and put the TEP parts in right away. From what I have heard, the Jasper rebuilds are basically SERTA quality, meaning stock. They would most likely have the same shortcomings as the original trans.

That thread Brian listed is a good setup, the OP has over 100k miles on that rebuild. Still going strong. Just make sure that whomever puts the TEP upgrade parts in puts the entire kit, Dave is not going to sell you something you don't need. Even if the rebuilder thinks it's unnecessary, have him/her do it anyway.
Quoted for truth! I'm sure a brand new Jasper with TEP valve body, long seal kit, channel plate, and Sonnax converter relief valve will work just fine.

And as Madcat said, we're now over 125,000 miles on the TEP-upgraded stock rebuild, and I don't see any reason why we won't make it to 200,000 (if we keep the car that long!).

Quick Reply: ls4 gxp transmission