LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

06 Monte Carlo SS upgrades, new to ls1

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Monte Carlo SS upgrades, new to ls1

Ok first to start im not to car savvy, i know parts and ect. my friend and his father are big chevy guys and held the fastest street car title in NYS for 5 years and are currently building a nova to retake over the title. they build all there all products so anything i have to have done theyre obviously going to help, but im looking to upgrade my SS, it is currently stock except for the rims, My car is under full warranty until 150k miles so im trying not to void it, and it is my daily driver and i sell cars at a car dealership so i could use the service dept if i had to. has anyone put any work into a 06 monte carlo LS4 that knows some easy ways to gain some power without putting the car at risk? like i said im not to savvy with parts so anything will help or possibly a link to the product you suggest. thanks for any help in advance. theyre trying to get me to put a 100 shot on NOS on it, but i prefer just some easy upgrades on motor.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Aside from doing the possibility of doing an air intake and a cat-back, anything *could* potentially void your warranty. In stock form your transmission is a weak link.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Tune...
Old 10-24-2013, 04:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

diablosport inTune or Trinity and a custom tune done for it www.diablewtune.com

150k mile warranty, but for how many years? it's one or the other.. car is already 7+ years old, so may be out of warranty already, heh...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-29-2013, 04:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Not mine
Old 10-29-2013, 05:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

come on... I know you're not there on miles, but years you gotta be, unless you got a 8+ year extended warranty haha....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-29-2013, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default upgrades

I would start with a polymount dogbone, shift kit, trans cooler and STBs.

Quick Reply: 06 Monte Carlo SS upgrades, new to ls1