LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Man are these cars vilified

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 91parkave
Guess you got a lemon.

Mine has been solid for me. Bought it at a used dealership at 69k now 90k rear brakes never been touched I did the front pads just because I had a warranty from Autozone for free replacent . still original struts. Replaced the hubs just because I had a warranty on them too from my 97gtp. I've had no issues with the car and I DD the **** out of mine.
I assume yours was built on a tuesday.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:51 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by baltsk8er69
I assume yours was built on a tuesday.
Lol probably no one can argue actual crap *** engineering of the w-body platform but I'm no stranger to them so I know what to expect with these cars. Any car with a f/r bias like ours will wear out stuff faster. That's just how it is. I expect to replace end links control army motor mounts struts and transmissions eventually. I would never hold faith in a fwd high HP car to last on OEM componets. Which is why I custom built so much stuff lol
Old 11-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Super LaX
I own a Super so I'm gonna throw in my 2 pesos.

Don't buy a car just because it has a little metal badge under the hood. Buy it for the features and options and the way it puts a smile on your face when you step on the gas.

Allure = sexy.

Very low production run as opposed to the LaCrosse. 133 built in '08 and another 16 built in '09. Only sold north of the border.
Holy crap, I did not know this! Has this been verified?

My Regal GS has already had its ignition switch replaced @ 45,xxx miles. Another common problem with my car. GM quality sucked up until bankruptcy. I think we can agree to that.

But that said, whichever Buick I have (GS or Super), I do not intend to build it into a race car. Just want a street / show purpose car that can surprise people off a light or on the highway. Not to mention that sound (whether it's blower whine or rumble rumble).

Quick Reply: Man are these cars vilified