LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

random misfiring?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default random misfiring?

Tonight on my hour drive home, I had a weird incident. About half way through the drive I was coming up to a light in a small town (most of the drive is country roads) and the car started idleing really rough. Then the CEL started flashing slowly. Once the light went green I decided I was gonna pull over at the next place I could to get outta the way incase this thing shuts down on me and it wasn't 100 feet from the light when I began to pull into a dealership that the CEL went away. The rough idle also went away. It hasn't come back since.

From all the posts i've searched it seems to be misfires. However, none of the threads have suggested if it's a big cause for alarm if it goes away. Should I be looking at plugs and wires even if it doesn't do it again? Can vehicles have random episodes of misfires under the right conditions?
Old 01-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had the same issue with mine just b4 i stored it b4 the winter. it happened to me with my foot to the floor when i had my cutout open... never hapened with it closed.. going to address it in the spring anyway.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gilroy222
Tonight on my hour drive home, I had a weird incident. About half way through the drive I was coming up to a light in a small town (most of the drive is country roads) and the car started idleing really rough. Then the CEL started flashing slowly. Once the light went green I decided I was gonna pull over at the next place I could to get outta the way incase this thing shuts down on me and it wasn't 100 feet from the light when I began to pull into a dealership that the CEL went away. The rough idle also went away. It hasn't come back since. From all the posts i've searched it seems to be misfires. However, none of the threads have suggested if it's a big cause for alarm if it goes away. Should I be looking at plugs and wires even if it doesn't do it again? Can vehicles have random episodes of misfires under the right conditions?
I have the injector adapters for my car and they can wiggle loose and then cause misfires. So you could also check your injectors.

Quick Reply: random misfiring?