LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Speedometer jumps then car dies

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Speedometer jumps then car dies

Hi all! Back again with another problem! My 07 Grand Prix GXP!!! When I first start the car, it seems as if its not getting gas. Like it almost dies then it catches. Lately it has gotten worse. Today I was at a red light on my lunch break and the speedometer freaked out and jumped to 50 then my car died. It started right back up with no problems. Then as I was heading home a couple hours later, it did it again. I attempted to keep it running while idle by putting it in neutral and gassing it. Seemed to work. Anyways. Going to holler at my mechanic tonight. Just seeing everyone's opinion on it.

My guesses are :
1. Alternator?
2. Faulty speedometer plug
3. Bad battery connection
Old 11-02-2018, 02:25 PM

Default ever figure it out?

[QUOTE=Brian727;18247521]Hi all! Back again with another problem! My 07 Grand Prix GXP!!! When I first start the car, it seems as if its not getting gas. Like it almost dies then it catches. Lately it has gotten worse. Today I was at a red light on my lunch break and the speedometer freaked out and jumped to 50 then my car died. It started right back up with no problems. Then as I was heading home a couple hours later, it did it again. I attempted to keep it running while idle by putting it in neutral and gassing it. Seemed to work. Anyways. Going to holler at my mechanic tonight. Just seeing everyone's opinion on it.

My guesses are :
1. Alternator?
2. Faulty speedometer plug
3. Bad battery connection[/QUOT
did you ever figure out the issue. mine is doing same thing
Old 02-06-2019, 10:09 AM

Any luck? Mine is doing the same

Quick Reply: Speedometer jumps then car dies