LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Need DoD Tuned Out. Located in Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014 | 09:42 PM

Default Need DoD Tuned Out. Located in Ohio

Hey guys, just introduced myself over in the intro section, and wasn't really sure where to post this up...

I purchased my 07 GP GXP in July with 20k on the clock and currently have 30,500. Looking for someone with a tuner located in Ohio that can just tune my DoD out. Willing to pay for the credits if necessary and also a little extra for your time.

If we have any Ohio guys willing to help, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 12-10-2014 | 05:51 AM
On The Tree

I'm just north of Cincinnati, unfortunately i don't have hptuners I'm using Diablo. I would like to find someone also though so good luck.
Old 12-11-2014 | 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont mind making the changes , but ya gota mail it to Texas thought
Old 12-11-2014 | 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just buy a diablo from 06 monte ss and he will build u a custom file to go with it and u will be able to get a little extra stuff for your money gas milage, better performance check and clear any codes ect....
Old 12-12-2014 | 06:14 PM
Teching In

I was wondering about the dod tune out....what is the gas mileage like without the dod?
Old 12-12-2014 | 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ORourkeLS4
I was wondering about the dod tune out....what is the gas mileage like without the dod?
I get like 13MPG usually , but i usually drive around in 3rd gear "no OD" with turbo with heavy throttle with shortened gears
Old 12-12-2014 | 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey sint what turbo setup did u go with?
Old 12-12-2014 | 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 08 pimpala ss
Hey sint what turbo setup did u go with?
T66 kit from cartuning , i still need to get Wideband and see if i can sqeeze anything else out of it , ive not dynoed yet but i cant even lay down any power , i'm working on building some coilovers with agx struts just waiting for all the parts to get here. The way it is now the car shoots up like a whale and burns out from any speed in 1st,2nd i recently replaced all the front end control arms , endlinks ect with moog problem solvers and also got strut braces "which helped alot with body roll" I've also removed my massive subwoofers and went with a lighter 12 in a sealed box to reduce trunk weight , soon going to remove the spare tire and convert it to enclosure with some UV resin/fiberglass
Old 12-13-2014 | 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Sint3k
T66 kit from cartuning , i still need to get Wideband and see if i can sqeeze anything else out of it , ive not dynoed yet but i cant even lay down any power , i'm working on building some coilovers with agx struts just waiting for all the parts to get here. The way it is now the car shoots up like a whale and burns out from any speed in 1st,2nd i recently replaced all the front end control arms , endlinks ect with moog problem solvers and also got strut braces "which helped alot with body roll" I've also removed my massive subwoofers and went with a lighter 12 in a sealed box to reduce trunk weight , soon going to remove the spare tire and convert it to enclosure with some UV resin/fiberglass
Coilovers on the rear will take care of the lift problem. If i were u though id look for bilsteins for coilovers. Theu are way better. Ive had agx,koni retros, and now bilsteins. Bilsteins are by far the best

Btw for gas mileage i get 26-27 on the highway at best usually though im at 24 -25 cause arizona speed limits are 70 on the highway
Old 12-13-2014 | 07:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sint3k
Nice Post some pictures in love seeing what People do different I Got the big kit
Old 12-17-2014 | 01:31 PM
Teching In

Default DOD delete

Hi I had mine tuned out by Cincy Speed here in Cincinnati, Ohio. My gas mileage went down by about 3MPG.
Old 12-17-2014 | 06:44 PM

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on just purchasing a superchips tuner to tune out the DoD? I am looking to keep the car pretty much stock except for the CAI that is coming in the spring. Any thoughts on the Superchips as I can pick one up for under $200.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 12-18-2014 | 05:12 PM
On The Tree

I'd say that's the cheapest your going to get unless you find someone.

Super v8 how was cincy speed overall and with the ls4 platform especially the trans tune? Their only about fifteen miles from me
Old 12-19-2014 | 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by rrw4258
Hey guys, what are your thoughts on just purchasing a superchips tuner to tune out the DoD? I am looking to keep the car pretty much stock except for the CAI that is coming in the spring. Any thoughts on the Superchips as I can pick one up for under $200.

Thanks,
Ryan
superchips is straigjt garbage
Old 12-21-2014 | 07:23 PM
Teching In

Default Cincy Speed

Originally Posted by severancej
I'd say that's the cheapest your going to get unless you find someone.

Super v8 how was cincy speed overall and with the ls4 platform especially the trans tune? Their only about fifteen miles from me
Sorry about the late post I cant get on very much. In answer to your question they were sceptical at first because not very many people work on these cars. After assuring them I was serious about tuning it they were very helpful and courteous. I took my three year old to their shop on a Wed and we hung out there for two hours while they tuned it. They also installed my KandN CAI befor e two hours on the dyno. I had already installed DT headers and had a custom 3IN stainless exhaust ran by Tristate Muffler. My final numbers after the tune was 265WHP and 302 torque.
Old 12-21-2014 | 07:25 PM
Teching In

Default Super chips uggh

Originally Posted by 91parkave
superchips is straigjt garbage
Agreed either use tuning software if you are technically incline or have a local speed shop do it. You will have a safer, custom tune that you can reference again if you do more mods in the future. super chips

Quick Reply: Need DoD Tuned Out. Located in Ohio