LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Impala SS Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 08:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impala SS Exhaust

So, the 06 Impala SS is coming along very well. Thanks to a lot of people on these forums ! Now, exhaust systems, who recommends what ? I have the stock exhaust, I personally think it sounds great...except for when the DoD kicks in and drops from 8 to 4 cylinders. Sounds like a chopper. Suggestions ??
Old 04-29-2016, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are going to get varying suggestions around here as far as what to do about an exhaust. In my personal opinion, anything past the downpipe/cat isnt going to net you enough of a gain to warrant a change if you like the way your car sounds on the stock exhaust. Anything you do change will no matter what, make your car louder. Bigger pipes, free flowing mufflers, etc etc. All net an increase in noise. Depending on how heavily modified you are, you won't need anything larger then full 2.5" all the way to the mufflers, IMO.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

1st off get a tune disable dod. Add catch can. Re-visit your situation afterwards.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 91parkave
1st off get a tune disable dod. Add catch can. Re-visit your situation afterwards.
Yes ! Do I need to have the dod delete ? Or can it be tuned to just disable it ?
Old 04-29-2016, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Is there a brand you recommend for the can ?
Old 04-30-2016, 04:13 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You can disable dod via tune. I highly recommend overkill.

Will will you do you right. Send him a email tell him Marshall sent you.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:36 AM
Teching In

You can disable dod via tune. I highly recommend overkill.

Will will you do you right. Send him a email tell him Marshall sent you.
Nice ! Thank you.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey steve i have had both of the can tune guys on here diabllew and overkill .both excellent tuners but if u want there personal touch go with spawne on here,wealth of knowledge on these cars and others as he tunes my sons 01 camaro v6 and the thing is a rocket throwing no codes,but still not as fast as my gxp,but no one is-basicaaly same price ,very patient dudes i know nothing about hp tuners or diablo for that matter,but u talking to right guys on here 91 and spawne and rotten sint3,all those guys sharp,but i put my money spawne for tuning aspect,that being said have never asked those guys to help with tune before .i just like spawne outlook on stuff in general and he is close by us if we want to go up jersey and live tune,not disrespecting anyone on board spawne has my car running better than anyone so I'm going with that
Old 09-23-2017, 12:31 AM

I just recently had exhaust work done to my 2007 impala ss, Luckily my state no longer follows the emissions, I had the resonator and cat removed and went straight pipe back to Jones Full Boar Exhaust. I have had nothing but compliments of how amazing it sounds. As for the DoD ive heard many just tune it out with a diablo tuner. Im currently looking into buying the intune i2 to disable it. Not sure if its because of straight pipe but i have not noticed much of a chopper sound in 4 cylinder mode.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a intune I don't use anymore if you're interested

Quick Reply: Impala SS Exhaust