LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Electrical gremlins on my Monte

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical gremlins on my Monte

Hey guys it has been a long time since I last posted a question. The Monte is now up to 153,000 miles and I still love the car. BUT 2 months ago the alternator bit the dust and ever since then I have been having some minor annoyances. First off, the radio does not always turn off when I open the door, sometimes I have to open and close it a couple times to get the radio to shut off, It will go off after the 7-10 mins time frame, so it will not run the battery dead. The other issue is with the CD player, it thinks there is a CD in it all the time, when I first start the car, you can hear the player buzzing, you hit eject and it whirrs some more. there is not a CD in there, hasn't been for years..I tried just for fun to put a CD in it and it will not suck it in.

Any ideas??
Old 08-24-2017, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you love the car you will love it more with a better radio. GPS, Bluetooth, DVD, aux are all worthwhile options. Replacing the factory radio may or may not help with what you are experiencing, but it may. Try removing the radio and clean all connections with electronics cleaner, also clean the Cd player with a disc cleaner and see if that helps. Good luck.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice to see ya mc, i would be inclined to find a wiring diagram and figure out the sensor in the door that tells the car that an occupant has opened the door it is more than likely near the latch (all libraries have access to alldata), or i would go to a local shop and bribe someone with a scanner with mid level functions to go into a live data stream and see when the driver's door reads as open or closed, however there is a possibility that it is a fried module with the radio.

Quick Reply: Electrical gremlins on my Monte