LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

06 Monte Carlo ss headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Monte Carlo ss headers

Does anyone know any good headers for a 2006 Monte Carlo ss and the best transmission cooler
Old 05-13-2018, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Headers are a waste of money and not worth the install PITA procedure... install Electric Exhaust cutout and your done. Besides, on a 10+ year old LS4, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if a few header bolts snapped if you tried to take the headers off now years later. Just not worth the time or the risk. What are headers going to accomplish anyway? IF you really want to do something affordable just remove the factory heat shield and wrap them in header wrap.

Now... a tranny cooler though... that is a fantastic investment on these cars. Good... Bad.... a "BAD" tranny cooler mounted in the place that provides best air flow I would think would always outperform a "GOOD" tranny cooler mounted in a restrictive, less air flow location.

Anyone is better than none.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I’m trynna find a good cooler for it now. Any suggestions? And I really like the deep growl my cars usually give when I install headers and nice exhaust system. Lol and I like to kinda tear my cars up and put them together
Old 05-13-2018, 05:04 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THis will get you started...

http://shop.tripleedgeperformance.co...oolers_c39.htm

really you are going to be limited by room and positioning... the more cool you want your trans to be the more creative you will have to be. There is a tradeoff. Your engine is stock so really anything will do for now. On my car even with a trans cooler I have to take it easy sooner than I'd really like on hot summer days... when I'm pushing the car.