LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

2008 Impala SS, P0300. P0302. P0420

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2008 Impala SS, P0300. P0302. P0420

Have a 2008 Impala SS 161k, had multiple Misfire code before and cylinder 2 misfire as well... changed spark plugs, wires found out cylinder 2 wire was cut had figured that was the issue of cylinder 2 missing. changed Thos parts while later I decided to check my engine light out already had a check engine light due to my EVAP vent valve solenoid. and found out I still have Thos codes there. yes, I did clear them when I changed spark plugs and wires. currently I'm trying sea foam in the tank to see if it's my injectors other than that any other ways this can be caused? I don't really want to spend the money on all new coils.
Old 02-17-2023, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quickest check would be to swap the coil with another one, and see if the misfire code follows. You can also do this with a possible clogged injector as the next check, if the coil move doesn't show anything.

EVAP code is one I've been meaning to address on my GXP for a while. Replaced solenoid in rear driver's side fender, but still remains, so I'm going to be dropping the tank to put a fresh pressure sensor in there (readings were the culprit, from what I remember last time I scanned it). Stopped driving it daily when I bought my truck, but let a coworker use it last summer while fixing his Camaro. Fuel fills very slow due to not venting pressure if recently ran, so it's been due a while.

Quick Reply: 2008 Impala SS, P0300. P0302. P0420