LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

GXP Rear Hubs

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2023, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GXP Rear Hubs

I know this place is not very busy anymore but hopefully someone will see this and chime in. I have an '05 GXP that needs rear wheel bearings and hubs. I know they are different from the standard Grand Prix and the other LS4 cars due to the parking brake design but everywhere I look I get the same part numbers. I know they are not the same because this is the second time I have had to have them replaced and I am stuck with a set that I had originally bought of the same number that is shown now. I had waited too long from when I had ordered them to send them back when I finally got the car into the shop and found out they would not work with the parking brake. Now all it shows is the wrong number and I can't find any other info no matter which search engine I put it into. Anyone know the right number for the GXPs?

TIA
Old 12-24-2023, 01:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You never said what numbers you have found. Did you check Rockauto?
Old 12-24-2023, 06:00 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't had time to pull the car apart to see what the difference actually is but when I started to answer your question, I went back to RockAuto and I think I have figured it out. It's not that they don't have the right one for the GXP listed under the GXP listing, it's that they have all of the numbers wrongly listed under all of the cars, the GXP, the other LS4 cars, and the regular models (GP, Impala, MC). Since I couldn't remember the difference, I was assuming that they were correct for those applications, which would make them wrong for the GXP. The catalogs just don't specify which ones are GXP specific listings or point out the differences between the numbers. The one pictured above is wrong for the GXP.

I'm pretty sure this one is correct:

RAYBESTOS 712244

Look at the mounting flange, it seems to be a thinner single plate instead of a double plate. It is rectangular where the wrong ones are concave on the short sides, and it's hard to see on this photo, but if you will look at the corners, they are beveled front and back. Since the catalog doesn't list the differences, you just have to match photos to get the correct ones.

Thanks for making me think about this again. No one had responded and it just sort of got pushed to the back burner but when you brought it up fresh, it just sort of clicked.
Old 12-30-2023, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rottonj
You never said what numbers you have found. Did you check Rockauto?
Glad you figured it out!
The following users liked this post:
corsair231 (12-30-2023)

Quick Reply: GXP Rear Hubs