LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

wheel speed sensor harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wheel speed sensor harness

Recently I got an abs code for the front driver side wheel speed sensor. the wheel bearing itself was already squeaking and had some wiggle to it when I jacked up the car and tested. I'm thinking the reason for the code is the wheel bearing/hub assembly itself (as its already bad). The reason for the post is because usually it's been recommended to replace the wss harness with the new wheel bearing/hub and thats what I've done in the past even when the harness has no actual damage on it which is the same case here. the harness is fine. I however only can find harness REPAIR kits online, should I just roll with one of those and replace just part of the harness so it has a new connector? or should I just replace the hub and see if that works? My main concern is the fact these wss can be annoying and tricky on cars like these and continue to cause the abs code even though the issue is technically fixed.

note: the other wheel bearings I've replaced were on different vehicles and really simple to find the harness for them

I also called a couple nearby dealerships and shops but they all wanted to charge me 300 for the harness because it also came with the hub. either way its already too overpriced for me when I can get the hub for less than 100 itself
Old 03-27-2024, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've used these on my 2004, used as much of the new as I could, soldered it up heat shrink and it worked. I think it's the same connector on my 08 so in theory it should work. Didn't have any issues afterwards.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11555407258...mis&media=COPY
Old 03-27-2024, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Used these hubs on my 08

Mevotech TTX Wheel Bearing and Hub Assembly Kit https://a.co/d/ctD89fh

Quick Reply: wheel speed sensor harness