LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Gxp E-Brake

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gxp E-Brake

I have a 2005 GXP where the e-brake components have rusted out and the parts seem to have been discontinued, has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? Not sure if there's other cars parts that might be compatible, I remember reading about an upgrade path for the front brakes but I'm not sure about the rears.
I'm kind of stuck, any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DuffGxp
I have a 2005 GXP where the e-brake components have rusted out and the parts seem to have been discontinued, has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? Not sure if there's other cars parts that might be compatible, I remember reading about an upgrade path for the front brakes but I'm not sure about the rears.
I'm kind of stuck, any info would be greatly appreciated.
You don't mention the parts your referring to, if it's the backing plate junkyard only.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:12 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This has been an issue for years. Here's a thread I started about backing plates back in 2020. As you can see, not much information about solutions back then either. I ended up salvaging what I had left of mine by treating the rust and coating it with an undercoating to be able to keep the parking brake. They're not whole but they've lasted me four more years now. These cars are just so rare that it's not profitable to repop GXP specific parts.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfo...ing-plate.html

Old 04-26-2024, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx for the responses guys, I ended up having a local shop fab me up a new one using the the plates from the GTP's or whatever they were on.
Old 04-27-2024, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any info on this? What year GTP and what mods did they have to do to make them work?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Gxp E-Brake