LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Gxp Vs Lt1 M6

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gxp Vs Lt1 M6

On my way to the supermarket, driving my friend's STOCK 97' Z28 LT1 M6 to buy meat and beer for a barbeque at my house, I stop at a light and I saw a black GXP with a guy around my age (21) driving it. He shifted to NEUTRAL and revd his engine. He asked me if I wanted to run from a dig, I agreed and we waited for the green while he was doing a power brake. When the light turned green we both smashed the throttle at the same time and to my surprise we where side by side(me being a bumper in front) but after about 60MPH the GXP started to slowly pull on the Z. After the race we talked and he told me that he ran a 13.90 at 102.5 MPH IN THE 1/4. DAM Those LS4s are fast.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by N20LS1
On my way to the supermarket, driving my friend's STOCK 97' Z28 LT1 M6 to buy meat and beer for a barbeque at my house, I stop at a light and I saw a black GXP with a guy around my age (21) driving it. He shifted to NEUTRAL and revd his engine. He asked me if I wanted to run from a dig, I agreed and we waited for the green while he was doing a power brake. When the light turned green we both smashed the throttle at the same time and to my surprise we where side by side(me being a bumper in front) but after about 60MPH the GXP started to slowly pull on the Z. After the race we talked and he told me that he ran a 13.90 at 102.5 MPH IN THE 1/4. DAM Those LS4s are fast.
WHAT?!?!?!? A BBQ!?!??!? It's too damin cold out. Of course, the beers would stay nice and frosty outside...

I've been wondering how they'd fair against one another. I have a '96 'hawk and was pretty curious as to what they'd do next to each other. It's interesting to see that it would take it at the top end. I would expect the Z to pull a little more at the launch though, rear drive and all.

This explains why my constant craving to pull the '96 out, whenever we get a little bit of sun up here in the great white north, has subsided.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

We can have barbeques in Miami, its kind of hot outside now and the beers are good to cool off. Yo quiero Cerveza.
Cerveza=BEER
Old 01-31-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Gxp :p

being an owner of the GXP and soon to be owner of an ls1 by trading the GXP im not to bias .

i ran 13.9@102 stock in my gxp with a 2.3 60ft. the GXP is pretty good up top. if it was a 6speed it would be a BEAST. we peg 2nd gear at 101 mph lol.

ive ran a few lt1's and would get beat off the line but would pull past by end of my first gear or midways into 2nd around 70ish. one GXP has been dyoned and had 260hp.+ i belive to the front wheels. stock.

fastest 60ft i know of for a gxp was 2.011 i belive. so they can launch good but when we do torque management kicks in and drops the revs.

only reason im trading my GXP is because ive alwasy wanted an ls1 TA and the aftermarket is alot larger. and my payments will be lower heh. if the ls4 engine was in a 3400ish lbs to 35ish lbs car and had a 6 speed and rwd. it would be a very Low 13 mabe 12 second car.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Staging Lane

if you don't mind me asking what does your gxp weigh.

My l67 car which is an iron block with iron heads weighs in the 3500lb area without me in it. Just curious as the 04 and version of the gtp which had the ls4 transplanted into it weigh about 100lbs more when in l32 form (supercharged gen 3 3.8 v6)?

I know that tm on any of the electronic throttle cars is hell. The v6 fbody crowd and 04 and up gtp crowd have been dealing with it for a while now. My gto is cable driven however the tm is over kill on those cars to with an auto. However hp tuners takes care of it no problem. I'm sure its only a matter of time before they offer ls4 stuff. There is a rather large following for the wbody mod market. There just isn't a ton of stuff for the ls4 yet but it will come very soon i think. But most of the normal lsx stuff should swap over odviously some stuff with be model specific due to the fwd setup. 2.0x is what a lot of gtps crank out on street tires. So with a tire and tune and some spring blockers for the rear 1.7's should be doable. after that a convertor and a lot of practice will really get you leaving hard.

There are many fwd gtp's that go 1.6 and low 1.7 on mt et street and et street radials. there are even some cars in the 1.5 on et drags with a good driver.

Quick Reply: Gxp Vs Lt1 M6