LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

SS remote srart.. grumbles..

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hehehehe...200' Suuuuuuure. Maybe in the Great Plains area.

I'd say for every building 75' or taller (in the general area) you lose 25' of remote distance...and that's if they're NOT between you and your car LOL
Old 01-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Teching In

I also heard 200 feet but I don't like to repeat that. One of the guy's here with an 06 ss imp said his fix worked. He was able to use it from inside the building and his car was probably 150-200' away. I don't get it, it works for some but not everyone. Whatever, like buffaloSS said it really isn't drastically altering my day.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Parts came in, so today I took my car into the dealer for the fix and I must be one of the lucky ones... it worked. They ordered 2 new fobs, coax and receiver. They said they had trouble with the TPM because the instructions they had weren't correct and they had to call GM. Before the fix, I had to be about 20-30 feet away for either the locks or remote start to work. Now I walked about 150-200 feet away and it works. Sure is nice to have the remote start working now that it's below 0 around here.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Sweet. I just took her into the dealer yesterday to take care of all of my issues. They said they needed to order just what you said and that they'd call me when it came in. How long did it take for your parts, pgbSS?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

They order them last Wed or Thur... so it took about a week. They called me today to make sure the keyfobs were working OK, which they are. I asked why they called since they never did before after service and they said they did the same thing to another car when they were working on mine and that guy called complaining he had to be within 5' for it to work. Seems strange the dealer performed the same work on 2 cars the same day and mine works and the other one doesn't.... Although I didn't ask if the other car was an IMPSS as well. Good luck with yours.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the update...i thought someone said it took them a month to get their parts.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Thanks for the update...i thought someone said it took them a month to get their parts.
It only took a week for the four or five of us at work, maybe less.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Had mine done last week, they had the parts in stock and it made a big difference.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Default Dearlership is really irritating me

This is my fourth time coming to the dealership. Every time I come in, they act like these FOBs are not supposed to work at the distances described in the brochure. In fact, I was asked, "How do I know this?"....um......your brochures said so when I bought the car.

Then I proceeded to hear another guy at the counter say, "I don't think they're supposed to work that far, in fact, I think the remote starter reduces the range."

AAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Keep in mind, I'm at the dealership...in the waiting room as I type...and luckily they have an unsecured wireless network.

They told me that they had a bulletin come out "hours" after I spoke with them on the phone the other day. Only to find out...my vehicle doesn't fall under that bulletin.

So, once I found out I could get on the net here at their own dealership I immediately looked up this thread and showed them the bulletins you guys have posted. The guy looked at me and I could tell he was going to just blow me off. I told him that, this is the same problem I'm experiencing, to which he replied, "My bulletin is different than the one you're talking about."

NO KIDDING!

Then he proceeded to blow me off and give me the schpiel that the techs would look at it and look up the bulletins. He wouldn't even take a look at what I had to show him, and it wasn't like he was that busy, there were 4 guys at the counter and there was only customer there who left as soon as I walked in.

For paying nearly $30K, I sure would like to not be treated like an idiot.

We'll see what they say when they give me the car back.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Geee, sounds like my dealer, minus the unsecured connection LOL.

I was in last Saturday and as of today, i haven't heard d**k about my parts coming in. I looked at the receipt last night, too, and noticed that only mentioned ordering a new coax antenna and keyfobs...nothing mentioned about the receiver, either.

Anyway, good luck with that.

Is this what you need? This should be the lasted revision of the problem:

http://arrc.epnet.com/autoasp/data.a...df&btitle=2006
Old 02-09-2007, 06:06 PM
TECH Regular

print out that bulliten i posted and take it there
Old 02-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Teching In

I have a new receiver and antenna on their way. Im so excited for my remote start to actually work right!!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Teching In

I also have the fob range and the tire monitor system issue. I took my 06 MC to the dealership today and after waiting for an hour the service guy said there isn't a fix for it yet. Does anybody know when it will be fixable?
Old 03-05-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

That's BS paul. Somewhere in this post is the Document ID for the Technical Service Bulletin...get that and give it to them. There is most certainly a fix for the issue.

I had to send the car to the dealer for another issue (Power Steering line burst) and had them do this while it was in there (she's still in there and i'm driving a POS Uplander). It definitely works better than it did before.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here we go again, a little updated
Document ID# 1888167
2006 Chevrolet Impala

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Inoperative, Poor Range, Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) Message Displayed (Replace Transmitter and Replace/Reprogram Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR)) #06-08-52-002C - (01/16/2007)

Models: 2006-2007 Buick Lucerne

2006-2007 Cadillac DTS

2007 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, SRX

2006-2007 Chevrolet Impala

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Equinox, Suburban, Tahoe

2007 GMC Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali XL

2007 Pontiac Torrent

Attention: This update does not apply to the 2006-2007 Monte Carlo, which has been temporarily removed from the bulletin. The bulletin will be updated when the Monte Carlo information is available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to include the Chevrolet Impala. An additional repair procedure has also been added for the Impala. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-08-52-002B (Section 08 -- Body & Accessories).

Condition
Some customers may comment about one or more of the following conditions:

• The remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitters will not program, function and/or the RKE transmitter low battery message is displayed.

• The Service Tire Monitor System message is displayed.

• The new RKE transmitters cannot be programmed.

Cause
Any of these concerns may be caused by an internal fault with the transmitters and/or the RCDLR software/hardware.

Correction
DO NOT REPLACE THE BCM OR RADIO ANTENNA MODULE.

Complete the following repair procedures for all vehicles listed in this bulletin:

Important: When programming a new or existing RCDLR, the programming instructions in SI must be followed.

• On vehicles equipped with Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM), the tire type and tire pressures must be selected in the module set-up using the Tech 2®. If this step is not performed, the RCDLR will not retain the tire pressures after the TPM system is learned.

Tip: When selecting the Tire Type/Pressure, choose the appropriate selection on the Tech 2 based on psi, not kPa.

• Relearn the TPM sensors using the J 46079 and following the procedure found in SI.

Reprogram the RCDLR with the latest software update available through TIS2WEB.
Important: New transmitters are identified by a star on the back of the transmitter. It is important to verify that the replacement transmitters have a star on the back.

Replace both Remote Keyless Entry transmitters.
Program the transmitters using the procedure listed in SI.
Perform the following steps in the exact order:
4.1. Remove the key from the ignition.

4.2. Open and close the driver's door.

4.3. Close all other doors/trunk/liftgates.

4.4. Wait 5 minutes.

4.5. Press the Unlock Button and verify that the doors all unlock.

• IMPALA ONLY -- proceed to step 5.

• If the customer's concerns are corrected, no further repairs are required.

• If the customer's concerns are NOT corrected, proceed with step 6.

IMPALA ONLY -- the RCDLR antenna MUST be replaced. Use the following procedure to complete the RCDLR antenna replacement. The 2006 and 2007 Impala LS without AP8 does not have a coax antenna.
5.1. Remove the driver's side A-pillar molding and I/P closeout panel.

5.2. Unplug the speaker.

5.3. To expose the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) antenna, partially remove the driver's side upper IP closeout panel (near windshield).

5.4. Remove the clips holding the RCDLR antenna wire at the RCDLR antenna module and disconnect the RCDLR antenna from module.

5.5. Remove the remaining clips along the A-pillar.

5.6. Cut the old RCDLR antenna wire a minimum of 152 mm (6 in) from the button (connecting to the windshield), leaving that portion of the old RCDLR antenna connected to the windshield.

5.7. Remove the IP carrier bolt and remove the old RCDLR antenna.

5.8. Lay in the new RCDLR antenna and reinstall the carrier bolt.

5.9. Connect the new antenna to the RCDLR antenna module.

5.10. Clip the new RCDLR antenna into place using the existing holes on the A-pillar.

5.11. Verify the customer's concern is corrected.

- If the customer's concern is not corrected, proceed with step 6.

- If it is corrected, complete steps 5.12 thru 5.14. No further repairs are required.

5.12. Reinstall the I/P close-out panel.

5.13. Reconnect the speaker wire.

Important: Be sure that the end of the old RCDLR antenna is tucked behind the A-pillar molding. The button on the windshield is no longer functional, however leaving the cover on the button will provide a cleaner look to the vehicle.

5.14. Reinstall the A-pillar molding and IP side closeout panel.

Important: In most cases, steps 1-3 will correct the customer's concern. In a few cases, it may be necessary to replace the RCDLR.

If the customer's concern is still present, replace the RCDLR.
Program the RCDLR with the latest software update available through TIS2WEB.
Reprogram both Remote Keyless Entry transmitters.
Parts Information
Important: Refer to the parts catalog to identify the correct part numbers for the vehicle being serviced.

Fullsize Utility: Part Number
Description

Transmitter -- 3 Button

Transmitter -- with Liftglass

Transmitter -- with Liftglass and Power Liftgate

Transmitter -- with Liftglass, Power Liftgate and Remote Vehicle Start System

Transmitter -- EXPORT ONLY with Liftglass and Power Liftgate

Transmitter -- JAPAN ONLY -- with Liftglass and Power Liftgate

Transmitter -- with Remote Vehicle Start System

Equinox, Torrent: Part Number
Description

Transmitter -- 3 Button

Lucerne: Part Number
Description

Transmitter -- 4 Button with Trunk

DTS: Part Number
Description

Transmitter -- with Remote Vehicle Start Sys

Transmitter -- JAPAN ONLY with Remote Vehicle Start System

SRX: Part Number
Description

Transmitter -- with Power Liftgate

Transmitter -- EXPORT ONLY with Power Liftgate

Impala: Part Number
Description

Antenna -- Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (Impala Only)

Transmitter -- 4 Button with Trunk

Transmitter -- with Remote Vehicle Start Sys

Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

R9727*
RCDLR Reprogram and RKE Transmitter Replace (All Vehicles -- excluding Impala)
1.0 hr

R9728
RCDLR and RKE Transmitter - Replace [includes time to reprogram RCDLR] (All vehicles -- excluding Impala)
1.9 hrs

R9729
RCDLR Reprogram, RKE Transmitter and RCDLR Antenna Replace -- Impala Only
1.2 hrs

R9730
RCDLR, RKE Transmitter and RCDLR Antenna -- Replace [Includes time to reprogram RCDLR] Impala Only
2.2 hrs

*This is a unique labor operation number for bulletin use only. The number will not be published in the Labor Time Guide.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Document ID# 1888167
2006 Chevrolet Impala
Old 03-05-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

Hmmmm...that's a new one. Hope that's the treatment i'm getting right now. Don't want this done half-assed now that it's finally getting done after all this complaining.

Silver...when did this one come out?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Teching In

"Attention: This update does not apply to the 2006-2007 Monte Carlo, which has been temporarily removed from the bulletin. The bulletin will be updated when the Monte Carlo information is available. "

That sucks. I guess I will just have to wait until they update it again. Hopefully it will be sometime soon. I wonder why this will work for the Impala but not the Monte.

SILVER LS4 thanks for posting this.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

That bulletin came out in Feb. Sorry for the Monte Carlos. I'm sure there will be something out soon.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

You gotta be ***king kidding me! Called the dealer today, as the parts were supposed to be in for the keyless system and the PS system. The PS line came in and was fixed, but now i'm waiting for two adapters for the new keyless wiring or something like that...and it's on NATIONAL BACKORDER! He said it could be 2 days or 2 weeks...so i'm still driving this POS Uplander. I told them they needed to get me something better to drive and fast! I'm sick of driving this effing thing!

2 weeks? GTFOutta here! I've figured it out...between the tensioner braking, the VAT system and ECM failing, the Power steering issue and all of my other issues, the car has been in the dealers possession for 1 month out of the 17 months i've owned it.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Going to pick the Impala back up here in a few minutes, got new antenna, new fobs, new module and some programming update on it.

Quick Reply: SS remote srart.. grumbles..