LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Diablosport Predators...time to update!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 08:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
anyone, anyone.. beuller, beuller???
I doubt Diablo will answer until after the holiday's. I looked at my stock log and yours last night. Mine had the same -100 on the same bank as yours, but I have no idea why. I haven't played with the logging that much, but am off next week and plan on messing with lots of stuff I normally don’t have time for. I did not specify individual items, but instead logged all, but I don't remember the exact prompt. I’ve never done a Live Table Reset and will have to see how long I can perform a log. I have run it until it got full and am pretty sure it wasn’t that long, maybe ten minutes.

Do you connect a laptop to the tool while driving or connect and download to a PC later? I’ve never connected a laptop and every time I did a log with a Diablo tune installed and then download later, I got an error while downloading but was able to view it. After I saved the log, I was never able to open it without the data view program crashing.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

nope, don't connect a laptop - I just use the handheld and download to my PC after. I've never had an error with the logs like you have, everything downloads fine and the dataviewer has never crashed.

If you've never done a live table reset, how are you able to run another log?? Hmmm... I wonder if the viewer actually removes the log from the tuner... Interesting, I wish there was more info available in the manual on the logging aspect of this tool.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 12-22-2006, 10:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Now I'm really wondering. I've run a bunch of different logs, but not since I've updated the version or the tool and data viewer so I'll try more logging this weekend and let you know. Maybe it's Microsoft's fault, what version OS are you running the software on? My wife might say it's the id10t behind the keyboard, but what ever fixes it works for me.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I'm running Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 12-23-2006, 09:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

...bump...

Old 12-26-2006, 03:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

for a recap of the latest questions...

=================================

ok... how the hell does this logging work?? I ran a log half way home, the log filled up - so then I went back and did a Live Table Reset (twice!) to clear the log in order to have it run another log while I was on the highway...

after selecting the parameters I wanted to monitor again, I chose Yes to save the log, then it tells me "LOG IS FULL" !!! WHAT?? I just did a live table reset!! Does the log file not clear unless you download it to a PC??? Do you have to "playback" the log in order to clear it?? Why didn't the log file get erased so I could do another one??

Also, I'm running these logs with the Diablo Tune - No DOD installed... and I get one of the LTFT parameters (bank 1) with changing/fluctuating values, but the other one (bank 2) is ALWAYS at "-100.00" and doesn't change at all. How come?? What's up with that??

I have attached the log file... how come the unit only logged for 15-20 minutes, and the data playback is only 6 seconds?? The sample logs that came with the DataViewer app are much longer and monitored more stuff than I did... Interesting...

just don't want to get lost in the shuffle, so here's a post-holiday bump...

Hope everyone is having a great holiday!!!

Old 12-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Teching In

i agree with you 100% when i install the 93 diablo tune w/o DOD i have no surge issues at all. actually it runs really good.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

just don't want to get lost in the shuffle, so here's a post-holiday bump...

Hope everyone is having a great holiday!!!
I wish I had some proper answers for this, but I have not spent enough time with the viewer personally to tell you what is happening. Johan is on vacation till the new year, so I will get his input on this as soon as he returns.
Thanks
Mike
Old 12-28-2006, 03:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

that's cool - thanks Mike! At this point, I think I've got the viewer pretty much down - been playing with it with some logs.

Now what I'm looking for, is for someone to view the logs I have and tell me what's good, bad, and/or ugly... and if anyone can chime in as to what I should adjust/change.

I have 4 logs I've done. The latest two I just did, I had modified the injector slope to -6, since my previous log showed the LTFT from 0(min) to 14.something(max)... the average being 7.something... so when I just installed the tune again, I modified the slope to -6, instead of -7.something, just to be safe.

Here's a link to the log files (inside the zip file): 06MonteSS Logs

All runs/logs have been done with the Performance "Diablo - No DOD" tune installed -- and I have a cold air intake box/filter if that makes a difference (pics/info about it )

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 12-30-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

k... I made some changes today... I used the Diablo No DOD performance tune - I set the LTFT to -3, and the PE to +3, based on my other logs I've done.

After warming the car up and driving around for 20 minutes, I started to log... I went up the on ramp to the highway and got on it up the ramp - once on the highway, I set the cruise control to 65... did this for about 15-20 minutes, got off the highway, got back on going back home for about another 15-20 mins, got on it up the ramp, but too much traffic going East to use the cruise, so I pedalled it between 60 and 70 - getting on it a few times from a 60mph roll up to 80. and also some short bursts off the highway.

Anyway, here's a link to the newest log file, and it's .csv counterpart: Latest log file

Should I go down more on the ltft? add more to the PE, or leave it at 0?? etc etc... do I need to drive for a couple days after making any changes to see what the values come out to?

Again, any info as to what I should adjust, or by how much, is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 12-31-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

So 06MonteSS do you like that Diablo Tuner? I was debating if I should get one or not. Is it worth the $$??
Old 12-31-2006, 02:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by jabronie78
So 06MonteSS do you like that Diablo Tuner? I was debating if I should get one or not. Is it worth the $$??
yeah, I like it... does what I need it to do.

I'm not a heavy modder, so it'll suit my needs just fine. Right now I've got a CAI and plan on doing a cat-back exhaust (and u-bend delete) in the spring - and that's probably about it for mods for me. You can definitely feel a difference with the performance tunes it has, plus when they are able to "talk" to the tranny, that'll be cool - then I can firm up the shifts and make it shift faster.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by live2ride
I doubt Diablo will answer until after the holiday's.

yeah, that's what I figured.. but it's after the holidays now - woohoo!!

will wait and see...

I have 2 more newer logs I took over the past couple days... these are with the stock Diablo No DOD tune, with the LTFT and PE parameters reset to the default tune settings - not at the -3 and +3 I had them at before in the other logs.

>> Newest Logs <<

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 01-02-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

well, took another log on the way home - this time all back roads, up-n-down hills, couldn't really get on it much tho... still using the "stock" Diablo No DOD performance tune...

ltft's look lower than other logs - is this because I was going slower than when on the highway?? still have some KR though... interesting... maybe cuz everything's still "learning" after I disconnected the battery 2 or 3 days ago??

>> Here's tonight's log <<

anyone have any thoughts/input?? I know Johan is the guy to get to look at these, but I'm sure all of you others have done this same stuff... as I'm sure Johan is swamped from just getting back after the holidays...

also, since I did the "reset all tune parameters" and reinstalled the Diablo No DOD performance tune, it doesn't seem as "peppy" as it did the first/initial time I did it. Is this because I pulled the battery cable and the cars learned settings got reset??

Thanks!

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 01-02-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

>> Here's a log from tonight too << - about the first 1/3 or 1/2 is highway, and the rest is in-town driving - with a couple times able to get on it a little bit.

so no one has any ideas yet, huh?? interesting...

Old 01-04-2007, 12:23 AM
Teching In

Whats up fellas?! Yea its my first post on here but ive been around some other ls4 sites so i sorta know my **** haha. Anyways im deployed over in the middle east right now, but im coming back to the states in a little over a week so im goin to order one of theese beasts and hopefully it gets home before i do. I got a huuuge favor for one of you guys that already got the tuner if they get bored... If you could hook me up with some step by step intructions for hooking it up that would be sweet. I got a little confused and i know the manual that comes with it isnt just for the Monte and what some of you guys were told by the techs are a little condradicting as far as fuses and the igition position during the tune and that kind of thing. I dont want to waste any time when i get back, you have no idea how much i miss that car! haha That would make things go much much smoother. Ohh another thing... I would immagine the tuner doesnt have the latest program installed so do i need to buy any kind of serial to USB cable or is that included? Thanks again- Rick
Old 01-04-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by happygounlucky86
Whats up fellas?! Yea its my first post on here but ive been around some other ls4 sites so i sorta know my **** haha. Anyways im deployed over in the middle east right now, but im coming back to the states in a little over a week so im goin to order one of theese beasts and hopefully it gets home before i do. I got a huuuge favor for one of you guys that already got the tuner if they get bored... If you could hook me up with some step by step intructions for hooking it up that would be sweet. I got a little confused and i know the manual that comes with it isnt just for the Monte and what some of you guys were told by the techs are a little condradicting as far as fuses and the igition position during the tune and that kind of thing. I dont want to waste any time when i get back, you have no idea how much i miss that car! haha That would make things go much much smoother. Ohh another thing... I would immagine the tuner doesnt have the latest program installed so do i need to buy any kind of serial to USB cable or is that included? Thanks again- Rick
Glad your coming home man....
Now, the Predator install is actually very simple. If you have OnStar, you need to disable it through the fuse, if not, do not worry about any fuses. Put the key in the on (run) position without starting the car, and follow the on screen prompts on the Predator. It will walk you through everything.
As far as updating the revision on the tool, its pretty simple as well. You will need a straight through 9 pin to 9 pin serial cable or equivalent USB adapter and a 12v 1 amp A/C adapter to power the Predator up in the house. The software and revisions can be found on our website.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Mike
Old 01-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Teching In

sweetness! Thanks man! Just ordered it all.... and a zzp shift kit and a MAF. life is good. haha
Old 01-15-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by happygounlucky86
sweetness! Thanks man! Just ordered it all.... and a zzp shift kit and a MAF. life is good. haha
I'd have to recommend the stock MAF....

Most of the aftermarket ones we've seen on the flowbench produce some less than desirable results and the stocker will support well over 500rwhp.

Quick Reply: Diablosport Predators...time to update!