LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Diablosport Predators...time to update!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:23 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

yeah, the whistle is a little more noticable...

ok, so the PC Interface only accepts tune file that are sent to you in .lan format. Is there anyway to load the tune in one of their PC apps to make adjustments and view the data, or can you only "modify tune" using the handheld unit itself??

also, how do I log data and send the log to my PC to view it with their DataViewer?? Is it the Real Time Data option - and does it automatically create/save a log file that you can send to the DataViewer?

I want to get the necessary data to check the fuel-trim settings and make sure they are where they should be, or adjust if necessary...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 12-18-2006 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m not aware of any software we can use to view or modify the LAN file. You have to modify the tune using the tool. Use the tools "real time data" option to log the data. Using the data viewer software, you can hook up the tool to the PC and select an option on the software to download the log from the tool. You can then save it from the software.

I played with it a few times but the only log I was able to save and view again was the one from the stock tune. The others had an error when downloading them, but when I waited long enough they finished and I could view them. It seemed like I could save them but the program abended each time I tried to load/view the one I had saved.

Good luck.

Last edited by live2ride; 12-18-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:33 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

are you able to log the LTFT's, or do you need to watch the Predator and write down the numbers?? I haven't been able to find any info on what parameters you can actually log...

also, after reprogramming our PCM's with the Diablo tunes, do we need to do a CASE learn?? do the tunes change that info at all??

"If you are installing a reprogrammed PCM, make sure to take the car to the dealer to get the crank sensor position (or CASE) learned. -- The crankshaft position system variation learning feature enhances the ability of the PCM to detect misfire events over a wide range of engine speed and load. -- The crankshaft position system variation values are stored in the PCM non-volatile memory after the crankshaft position system variationlearn procedure has been performed. DTC 1336 set indicates that the crankshaft position system variation values have not been stored in the PCM and the crankshaft position system variationlearn procedure must be performed."

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 12-19-2006 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:49 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

another question just came to mind... when you select to "modify tune" before installing it, does it actually change the diablo performance tune in the handheld unit?? or does it just change the settings when it uploads to your car, so that the original diablo performance tune is still the same in the unit as when you first purchased it??

Old 12-19-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have no idea regarding the crank sensor position. I've never seen any comment on Diable or Hypertech sites mentioning anything. From what I rememebr reading you are not changing their base tunes.

As to logging, the best thing I can recommend is log your stock tune and then when you load it to the dataviwer, you will be able to see everything that is logged.

I had errors saving the other logs so I can;t call them back up, but there are a ton of different parameters you can display. I rememebr 4 in the Fuel area having to do with trims, but not sure what they were. I'll email my stock log later tonight so you can view it.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

COOL! thanks Bill!

Old 12-19-2006, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
are you able to log the LTFT's, or do you need to watch the Predator and write down the numbers?? I haven't been able to find any info on what parameters you can actually log...

also, after reprogramming our PCM's with the Diablo tunes, do we need to do a CASE learn?? do the tunes change that info at all??

"If you are installing a reprogrammed PCM, make sure to take the car to the dealer to get the crank sensor position (or CASE) learned. -- The crankshaft position system variation learning feature enhances the ability of the PCM to detect misfire events over a wide range of engine speed and load. -- The crankshaft position system variation values are stored in the PCM non-volatile memory after the crankshaft position system variationlearn procedure has been performed. DTC 1336 set indicates that the crankshaft position system variation values have not been stored in the PCM and the crankshaft position system variationlearn procedure must be performed."
The Predator can log LTFTs as well as almost anything else seen by the PCM.
There is no need for a CASE relearn.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

another question just came to mind... when you select to "modify tune" before installing it, does it actually change the diablo performance tune in the handheld unit?? or does it just change the settings when it uploads to your car, so that the original diablo performance tune is still the same in the unit as when you first purchased it??
Modifying the tune applies those changes to whichever tune you chose to modify, until the backup is restored and tool is reset.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:26 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
Modifying the tune applies those changes to whichever tune you chose to modify, until the backup is restored and tool is reset.

ok, so I would, for instance, choose the Diablo Tune - No DOD - select to modify tune, then install it. At that point, the "original" Diablo Tune - No DOD is changed in the handheld unit itself, to my new settings?

and to get the Diablo Tune - No DOD back to it's "original" settings like when I purchased the Predator, I would restore my original/stock tune, then in the Predator I choose "reset ALL parameters" - and this resets the Diablo Tune to the original performance tuned settings??

I guess I'm thinking my concern is that when I'm doing the reset on the performance tune, that it's not resetting the performance tune to "original/stock" settings, thereby losing the performance tune altogether... so when I install the performance tune, it's actually only the original/stock settings...

Sorry for the newbie inquiries - LOL just want to be sure I don't screw up the handheld after only a week of having it!! LOL

so, on with the questions... LOL... I'm running the Diablo Performance Tune - No DOD... this safe for daily driving?? Also, how would I get it to shift a little more firmer and faster? and is this advisable??

also, I found the attached doc online in a corvette forum - is this process correct / advisable??

And is it something where I could send my log file to you and have you incorporate those changes into the performance tune, or at least tell me what to change in the "modify tune" settings?? There are no local CMR tuners around me, and even though I could email it, I don't know how good any of these people are - so sending it direct to the source makes me more at ease... ;-)

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Tuning-with-the-Predator.doc (29.0 KB, 1440 views)

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 12-19-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

how do I clear/delete the log from the Predator?? live table reset??

that doesn't reset any of the tunes, right?? just clears the log?

I tried doing a couple of different logging sessions this morning on my way to work, but when I went to do the second logging with only certain parameters, it said that the log was full. (cuz the first time I did EVERYTHING - LOL - and it only recorded for 1 minute 4 seconds before the log was full - actually, the playback on the unit and dataviewer is only 7 seconds??). I figured the first log would get overwritten with the new log session.

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 12-20-2006 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok, so I would, for instance, choose the Diablo Tune - No DOD - select to modify tune, then install it. At that point, the "original" Diablo Tune - No DOD is changed in the handheld unit itself, to my new settings?
Yes

and to get the Diablo Tune - No DOD back to it's "original" settings like when I purchased the Predator, I would restore my original/stock tune, then in the Predator I choose "reset ALL parameters" - and this resets the Diablo Tune to the original performance tuned settings??
Yes

I guess I'm thinking my concern is that when I'm doing the reset on the performance tune, that it's not resetting the performance tune to "original/stock" settings, thereby losing the performance tune altogether... so when I install the performance tune, it's actually only the original/stock settings...
No, you cannot erase the performance tunes from the Predator.

Sorry for the newbie inquiries - LOL just want to be sure I don't screw up the handheld after only a week of having it!! LOL

so, on with the questions... LOL... I'm running the Diablo Performance Tune - No DOD... this safe for daily driving?? Also, how would I get it to shift a little more firmer and faster? and is this advisable??
Yes, that tune is perfactly safe for daily driving. Shift pressure and points cannot be adjusted currently through the Predator. We will be adding this feature as an update in the future.

also, I found the attached doc online in a corvette forum - is this process correct / advisable??
Yes, this is good info.

And is it something where I could send my log file to you and have you incorporate those changes into the performance tune, or at least tell me what to change in the "modify tune" settings?? There are no local CMR tuners around me, and even though I could email it, I don't know how good any of these people are - so sending it direct to the source makes me more at ease... ;-)

Thanks!
If it looks like you need some major changes in the tune, I can have you email me a copy of your original backup with a log file and we can make a new tune for you, but its always better to do it live on a dyno. Johan is on vacation for the holidays, but we can do it when he gets back.

Thanks
Mike
Old 12-20-2006, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

how do I clear/delete the log from the Predator?? live table reset??

that doesn't reset any of the tunes, right?? just clears the log?

I tried doing a couple of different logging sessions this morning on my way to work, but when I went to do the second logging with only certain parameters, it said that the log was full. (cuz the first time I did EVERYTHING - LOL - and it only recorded for 1 minute 4 seconds before the log was full - actually, the playback on the unit and dataviewer is only 7 seconds??). I figured the first log would get overwritten with the new log session.
Yes, live table reset.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:10 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Awesome! thanks for addressing all of my questions/concerns Mike!!

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 12-20-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:53 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ok... how the hell does this logging work?? I ran a log half way home, the log filled up - so then I went back and did a Live Table Reset (twice!) to clear the log in order to have it run another log while I was on the highway...

after selecting the parameters I wanted to monitor again, I chose Yes to save the log, then it tells me "LOG IS FULL" !!! WHAT?? I just did a live table reset!! Does the log file not clear unless you download it to a PC??? Do you have to "playback" the log in order to clear it?? Why didn't the log file get erased so I could do another one??

Also, I'm running these logs with the Diablo Tune - No DOD installed... and I get one of the LTFT parameters (bank 1) with changing/fluctuating values, but the other one (bank 2) is ALWAYS at "-100.00" and doesn't change at all. How come?? What's up with that??

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 12-21-2006 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I have attached the log file... how come the unit only logged for 15-20 minutes, and the data playback is only 6 seconds?? The sample logs that came with the DataViewer app are much longer and monitored more stuff than I did... Interesting...
Attached Files
File Type: zip
town-driving--no-highway.zip (3.3 KB, 12 views)

Old 12-21-2006, 11:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

so where's all the answers now??? LOL... HHEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPP!!!!

Old 12-21-2006, 05:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

helloooooo?????????

Old 12-21-2006, 05:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

for a recap of the latest questions...

=================================

ok... how the hell does this logging work?? I ran a log half way home, the log filled up - so then I went back and did a Live Table Reset (twice!) to clear the log in order to have it run another log while I was on the highway...

after selecting the parameters I wanted to monitor again, I chose Yes to save the log, then it tells me "LOG IS FULL" !!! WHAT?? I just did a live table reset!! Does the log file not clear unless you download it to a PC??? Do you have to "playback" the log in order to clear it?? Why didn't the log file get erased so I could do another one??

Also, I'm running these logs with the Diablo Tune - No DOD installed... and I get one of the LTFT parameters (bank 1) with changing/fluctuating values, but the other one (bank 2) is ALWAYS at "-100.00" and doesn't change at all. How come?? What's up with that??

I have attached the log file... how come the unit only logged for 15-20 minutes, and the data playback is only 6 seconds?? The sample logs that came with the DataViewer app are much longer and monitored more stuff than I did... Interesting...
Attached Files
File Type: zip
town-driving--no-highway.zip (3.3 KB, 10 views)

Old 12-22-2006, 07:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

anyone, anyone.. beuller, beuller???

Old 12-22-2006, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Holy cow you are relentless!

I have not personally had much seat time with the DAT viewer so I can't really answer all of your questions. I'll take a look at the log when I get a second. Johan is on vacation this week but I'll get some answers when he gets back. Hit up the LS1GTO boards and ask some of those guys. They seem to have the viewer down pretty good.

Thanks
Mike

Quick Reply: Diablosport Predators...time to update!