LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

3.69 gears

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bartonmd
Also keep in mind that the 'vette weighs a solid 600lbs less than this car, and has less frontal area, and a lower coefecient of drag... It's going to get higher mpg, even with the same drivetrain...

Mike
Yeah, these cars are aero pigs above 70 mph. They look smooth, but the gas milage really falls off fast after the 69 speedo tick mark.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bartonmd
Also keep in mind that the 'vette weighs a solid 600lbs less than this car, and has less frontal area, and a lower coefecient of drag... It's going to get higher mpg, even with the same drivetrain...

Mike
This is true...but their gear ratio in 6th helps a lot too.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Kazmaniac
Hey, relax dude - you probably missed the "cheers" part of my message. My Z28SS is getting 4.11's this spring for the same reason.
No hard feelings at all man..I was just making a point that for you the MCSS may be a daily driver, but for me it's my project car. =)
Old 11-28-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hexxLS4
No hard feelings at all man..I was just making a point that for you the MCSS may be a daily driver, but for me it's my project car. =)
Same! I'm "trying" to leave my MCSS "alone", but per usual, I buy a few parts here and there. Installed Magnaflow exhaust, K&N and removed intake tube already. Downpipe, removing the resonator and programming coming next.

I want to drive the car a few years, so keeping the reliability is an issue. But who knows what will be released in a couple of years. Next to my Z28SS, it's the 2nd best car I've owned in the past 12 years. If I just focus on balance and functionality, it's the best.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:25 AM
TECH Resident

Aint nothing wrong with doing a few basic bolt ons! If anything, it'll let your car breathe better and extend it's life. =)
Old 11-29-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Same! I'm "trying" to leave my MCSS "alone", but per usual, I buy a few parts here and there. Installed Magnaflow exhaust, K&N and removed intake tube already. Downpipe, removing the resonator and programming coming next.

I want to drive the car a few years, so keeping the reliability is an issue. But who knows what will be released in a couple of years. Next to my Z28SS, it's the 2nd best car I've owned in the past 12 years. If I just focus on balance and functionality, it's the best.

in reality, thats all im doing as well

making it breathe. i don't want to be the fastest {doh!}
i don't want to be the slowest. slap me in the middle, and im happy
Old 12-01-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Area47
in reality, thats all im doing as well

making it breathe. i don't want to be the fastest {doh!}
i don't want to be the slowest. slap me in the middle, and im happy
Nothing like lining up next to another of the same car and beating it, leaving the other driver scratching their head.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nothing like lining up next to another of the same car and beating it, leaving the other driver scratching their head.
happened yesterday actually, didn't even go wot. and i pulled away from a lincoln town car. he gave me a "wtfm8" look when got back up to me.

no badges, just shiney paint and wheels. looks like any other gp on the road. aside from the v8 rumble from the exhaust.

Quick Reply: 3.69 gears