LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Pictures of Exhaust tips for Kazmanic...as requested

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures of Exhaust tips for Kazmanic...as requested

In the spring I am going to be changing out the Y-piece for something larger and removing the resonator, should be plenty much louder.

Anyways here are pics of the tips...

Jason

Old 11-28-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good man replacing the y pipe with something larger like was suggested

Tips look good, are those scratches in the last pic ?
Old 11-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by eddiemoney
Good man replacing the y pipe with something larger like was suggested

Tips look good, are those scratches in the last pic ?
Nope, that would be mothers metal polish I seemed to have missed...
Have to check that out....
Old 11-28-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Jason

Those "appear to be stock", only larger, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Can you get the manufacturer & P/N from your muffler place? They appear to be clamp on, correct?
Old 11-29-2006, 07:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Kazmaniac
Thanks Jason

Those "appear to be stock", only larger, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Can you get the manufacturer & P/N from your muffler place? They appear to be clamp on, correct?

I will call them and ask. They are welded right on to the muffler actually.

Jason
Old 11-29-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

Those are REAL nice...what size? Are they smaller than the Magnaflow tips? I'm getting the MF exhaust for Xmas and need to know if i should budget for different tips.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Those are REAL nice...what size? Are they smaller than the Magnaflow tips? I'm getting the MF exhaust for Xmas and need to know if i should budget for different tips.

I will measure them tonight and check the diameter. The next size up in my opinion just looked too big and did not suit the car...............
Old 12-03-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those tips do look a lot nicer than the ones that come with the Magnaflow. Where exactly did you get them? Can you please post the manufacturer, part number, price...
Old 12-10-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Any word on these? Exhaust is due any day now and i REALLY like them. Not much selection locally for tips and all, so i'd need to order what i want beforehand.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Any word on these? Exhaust is due any day now and i REALLY like them. Not much selection locally for tips and all, so i'd need to order what i want beforehand.

I totally forgot to post back about this. I called back like a week ago and asked Hot Rod Scott about the tips, and he told me they are just a generic tip he orders out of a catalogue. They were wrapped in paper basically when I was getting the system installed. No real name or brand on them at all. Sorry I cant be anymore help on this!

Jason
Old 12-11-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

After doing some extensive searching last night, they appear to be approx 6" slant-cut double-walled tips...unfortunately, i haven't found any through summit racing or any other Exhaust site. MagnaFlow DOES have a similar tip, which is shorter, that may be comparable. It only comes in a 2.25" in (too small, right?) and 4" out (still as big as what comes on the kit). Correct me if i'm wrong on that. If the diameter from the mufflers to the tips is 2.25", let me know. However, that would negate the benefit of the entire MFlow system being 2.5"

Old 12-11-2006, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

I found some that appear to be real close to those, but in the process i found out that they'd do no good for me b/c the extensions & tips do not extend straight from the muffler...the move towards the outside...so i cannot use anything longer than a 4"-5" tip (i.e. the MagnaFlow above).

Here's the tip i found for you MCSS owners. It's by MBRP Performance Diesel Exhausts and made of double-walled t304 stainless, 2.5" IN, 3.5" OUT, 12" long - $35/ea - free S&H. As to NOT name-drop, Google "MBRP dual wall exhaust tip" and it should come up as the first match:

Last edited by BuffaloSS; 12-12-2006 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

BINGO!!!

BuffaloSS - You nailed it!!! Thanks a million!!!

Got the tips on tonight, installed them after I cut off the rolled ones I added to my MF system. Very clean - very OEM looking. Hated the rolled tips, made the car look way too last-gen. Design and 3.5" IMO is the correct sizing for the car. Mean looking.

Like 99VetteMan said, they're the right length, they don't push past the bumper when the system heats up. Very happy tonight!
Old 12-20-2006, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Glad you liked them...although very envious of you being able to use them and me not LOL

I wonder if i got a set (provided i could now that they're sold out there) and had the exhaust shop cut them down to the needed length...then welded up the inner ring of the double-wall to the tailpipe? Maybe weld in the double wall to keep water and crap from getting in there?

I guess i could just buy them and then resell them should i need to.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Teching In

If any of you guys are interested. The place I got mine had more of them, you could always call them up ask for Scott the owner of www.hotrodscotts.com

He will probably ship them to you!

Jason
Old 12-20-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad you liked them...although very envious of you being able to use them and me not LOL

I wonder if i got a set (provided i could now that they're sold out there) and had the exhaust shop cut them down to the needed length...then welded up the inner ring of the double-wall to the tailpipe? Maybe weld in the double wall to keep water and crap from getting in there?

I guess i could just buy them and then resell them should i need to.
The tip has clean lines, they possibly could cut it and weld it perfectly back together, but the labor to then gring the bead smooth and polish would be huge $$$, unless you could grind and polish it yourself.

Length of tip is too long to bend your tails, I cut my tails to 5 1/4" just to mate the tips to them and blow anything past the inner weld / crimp. So the pipes can't be bent, assuming mufflers are hung at the exact same point on both cars.

Tips said made in Canada, maybe call MBRP and ask them if they can fab you a smaller set? If they can't, I'm sure they could point you in the same direction, since they prob competitively benchmark other companies.

I will also search the net to see what I can find. Maybe do what Vette says and call the hot rod place.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

I'm going to do that tomorrow. I got home this afternoon and found this huge box sitting in my front hall...BINGO! She's here! But unfortunately i cannot open til Monday!

Maybe i can convince the wife to let me check to see if everything is in there LOL...grab a tip and take it outside to see how it will look!
Old 12-21-2006, 05:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

too bad you couldn't do like I did... I got my Diablo Predator tuner last Friday, but I told my wife that it wouldn't be in til this week sometime... I've been using it for a week now...

but come Saturday, I'll have to tell her it came in, and to wrap it up and put it under the tree... as that's the only present I wanted from her.... told her not to get me anything else, cuz that's all I wanted....

;-)

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 12-21-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
too bad you couldn't do like I did... I got my Diablo Predator tuner last Friday, but I told my wife that it wouldn't be in til this week sometime... I've been using it for a week now...

but come Saturday, I'll have to tell her it came in, and to wrap it up and put it under the tree... as that's the only present I wanted from her.... told her not to get me anything else, cuz that's all I wanted....

;-)
She let me open the box to "examine" the contents for damage. Quite excited over here!

Now, i'm contemplating installing this myself the day after X-mas and having a shop weld it up afterwards...Question is this: Can any shop do this or is there a special setup to weld stainless? I don't want a "hack" at the local Midas/Cole Muffler ****ing it up, you know? But i don't want to spend through the nose to have a few seams tied up either.

Oh, yeah...and the Tips need to go SOON! THese monsters are HUUUUUUUGE!
Old 12-21-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any shop can do it, but go to someone you trust to do it right.