LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

exhaust size ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the o2 is "shut off" in the computer it wont flag it as an issue and look at the front o2 operation to go off of for testing and if 6 out of 7 of the emissions check list PIDS are complete it will pass a plug in test anywhere with flying colors.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

yeah, I wouldn't remove the O2 sensor... I'd have it put in a new bung on a straight pipe... wonder if that one from ZZP would work/fit???

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...ts1.php?id=504

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 12-13-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That rear o2 would need to see a difference between the front and rear. Thats why they make spoofs or elims... They have a new style plug on these, perhaps a spoof from a GTO would work?

So just simply installing the rear o2 in the pipe wont work, needs to see like 400-450 Mv or there abouts
Old 12-13-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
yeah, I wouldn't remove the O2 sensor... I'd have it put in a new bung on a straight pipe... wonder if that one from ZZP would work/fit???

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...ts1.php?id=504
Not even worth getting rid of the U bend on these cars, its not as bad as the 3.8 cars.

If you want just the bung, you can pick them up at any Napa sotre and have it welded on...
Old 12-13-2006, 03:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by BADDLS1SS
Not even worth getting rid of the U bend on these cars, its not as bad as the 3.8 cars.

really? so it won't help at all with the CAI and Predator tune?? so then instead of u-bend delete and new mufflers, I'm down to just getting mufflers???

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 12-13-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BADDLS1SS
if the o2 is "shut off" in the computer it wont flag it as an issue and look at the front o2 operation to go off of for testing and if 6 out of 7 of the emissions check list PIDS are complete it will pass a plug in test anywhere with flying colors.
OK, but then you're back to needing to know someone who will ignore the fact that they see no Cat.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well unless your unfortunant enough to have them run a mirror under the car...

Its easy enough to swap back and forth, its all bolted together, no slip fittings.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

no worries here, as I'm keeping the cat and the O2 sensor... was just saying that if I was going to remove the u-bend, I'd get the straight piece of pipe with a bung in it for the sensor, like the ZZP one.

BUT, if it isn't even really worth it to remove the u-bend and I won't see/feel any gains by doing so, then I'll just leave it as is and just replace the mufflers.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:31 AM
12 Second Club

If your worried about it get a "catted" 3" DP instead of an off road pipe. The cats on cars now a days aren't that damn restrictive but the 2 1/4" opening at the rear manifold to DP end is pretty much a performance killer.
Tate
Old 01-09-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alright - today had lunch w/ one of my Z bros. I had him drive my MCSS away from me, turn around and come back at me, stop at the corner I was on and accelerate away from me so I could hear first hand how the car sounds on the outside.

The MF system sounded like a V8 both times going away from me, but coming toward me I couldn't hear it at all.

Not Z28 V8, but more Z71 V8 (Chevy truck).

Since the cabin noise IMO is now getting right up there, can anyone tell me 3 things:

1) With the Hogan DP, will the car be louder inside?
2) Will I gain any highway power from the Hogan DP?
3) Will I have to deal with codes / O2 sim with the Hogan DP (to me, that means something isn't working or not compatible)

Thanks guys -
Old 01-09-2007, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kazmaniac
Alright - today had lunch w/ one of my Z bros. I had him drive my MCSS away from me, turn around and come back at me, stop at the corner I was on and accelerate away from me so I could hear first hand how the car sounds on the outside.

The MF system sounded like a V8 both times going away from me, but coming toward me I couldn't hear it at all.

Not Z28 V8, but more Z71 V8 (Chevy truck).

Since the cabin noise IMO is now getting right up there, can anyone tell me 3 things:

1) With the Hogan DP, will the car be louder inside?
2) Will I gain any highway power from the Hogan DP?
3) Will I have to deal with codes / O2 sim with the Hogan DP (to me, that means something isn't working or not compatible)

Thanks guys -
i have a hogan full offroad 3 inch dp on mine. there is the "bees in a can" sound due to the lack of a cat. there is a noticable gain in the mid range. say from 45-70.
im also contemplating doing a custom cat back of 3 inch, eventually. i have other things i need to do first. hell i might be doing headers if i get bored enough. who knows.
the car from the back sounds decent, but the tips i have give it the vacuum cleaner whistle sound. it's on my fix it list. but that list has taken a setp back to other things that need be done first.

i don't need anymore low end. at 30 mph, i can draw some smoke off the tires. but it will run door to door with a bolt on lt1 from a roll. we never got above 100 mph to really see the difference. no biggie.

also, you might want to rethink the sim. and get the ecm programmed so it is shut off. sims don't always work
Old 01-09-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Area47
i have a hogan full offroad 3 inch dp on mine. there is the "bees in a can" sound due to the lack of a cat. there is a noticable gain in the mid range. say from 45-70.
im also contemplating doing a custom cat back of 3 inch, eventually. i have other things i need to do first. hell i might be doing headers if i get bored enough. who knows.
the car from the back sounds decent, but the tips i have give it the vacuum cleaner whistle sound. it's on my fix it list. but that list has taken a setp back to other things that need be done first.

i don't need anymore low end. at 30 mph, i can draw some smoke off the tires. but it will run door to door with a bolt on lt1 from a roll. we never got above 100 mph to really see the difference. no biggie.

also, you might want to rethink the sim. and get the ecm programmed so it is shut off. sims don't always work
Thanks Area ...

$350 for the pipe and another $400 - $550 for programming to make it "work" ... ouch!!!

I may want to invest that cash in the Z's wish list this spring.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Teching In

I can say I am very pleased with the sound of my Flowmasters, the ONLY thing I am going to get down is get the size of the Y split increased to match the rest of the piping. It screams V6 Carryover.........

Jason