LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Resonator Delete?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007 | 01:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Corny40
No problem. My panties weren't in a bunch.

Yeah, I was thinking the exhaust manifolds too, but I don't think there's much much we can do about that for now, w/o spending a fortune.

As far as the DP, I really want to get one, but I've heard too many conflicting stories on it's benefit to shell out the $300 just yet. I'm sure within the next year I'll have one, just not right now.
I don't know if I would spend the money on an exhaust w/out replacing the dp first. I have a catless dp with the 2nd o2 sensor codes deleted/ignored. No e-check in these parts, yet. I have about $150.00 in it. If I were to do it all over again I would just by the Hogan catless dp for about the same $$. Nothing against the environment but I think dp's with a converter were about $400. I'm on a budget.
Old 04-05-2007 | 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SILVER LS4
I don't know if I would spend the money on an exhaust w/out replacing the dp first. I have a catless dp with the 2nd o2 sensor codes deleted/ignored. No e-check in these parts, yet. I have about $150.00 in it. If I were to do it all over again I would just by the Hogan catless dp for about the same $$. Nothing against the environment but I think dp's with a converter were about $400. I'm on a budget.

I hear ya, but I'm not too keen on breaking Federal Law, especially here in Houston, where the air's pretty bad to begin with.

and Monte, I'm pretty sure. You've been on here longer than I, so you probably know that I've answered this question a few times already, and everytime I did, I went out to the garage to check, b/c I don't like lookin' like a chump for all the internet to see. Of course, now I've sold and shipped my stock exhaust on Ebay, so I can't check now. Buff still has his, maybe he can double check for us?
Old 04-05-2007 | 09:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor
10 Year Member

yeah, no problem Corny... I'm having a shop take a look at my system tomorrow anyway, so I'll see what they have to say. Since I don't plan on doing any other mods really, (just have my CAI and tune), I can probably get away with just doing mufflers and tips - unless he suggests bigger dia. pipe as well, we'll see. gonna keep the resonator though, and still not sure about the u-bend, if it's really worth the hassle of taking that out or not.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Quick Reply: Resonator Delete?