LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Monte Owners - Tab showing, or not??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 05:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Monte Owners - Tab showing, or not??

inside the front wheel wells - the black plastic shroud that goes up inside around it - towards the cabin... is there a "tab" part showing?? It'd be at the back of the front tire... I've got it showing in both wheel wells... I don't know if it's supposed to be like that, or if it's supposed to be tucked behind the sheet metal.

I've included a very rough sketch of what I'm talking about... look inside your front wheel wells and you'll be able to see it if it's there, and please let me know if it is showing or if it is tucked behind the sheet metal... THANKS! -Lew
Attached Thumbnails Monte Owners - Tab showing, or not??-tab.gif  

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 04-06-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine is not an SS, but i see no tab on mine wich is a 2006 Monte 3LT
Old 04-06-2007, 06:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

can you get me a pic of the inside of your front wheel wells?? If I had my digital camera here I would show you mine, but the wife has it in her pocketbook, and she's at work until 10pm... uugghhh!!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 04-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Teching In

you can kinda see the inner fender on some of the rim shots from this thread, dont know if you can see what yur lookin for tho.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-performance/683253-rim-job-hahah.html
Old 04-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Teching In

I had an oops... turns out there is a tab, from the picture you drew I assumed the tab was in front of the tire but it's in the rear lol. Mine does indeed have the tab with the hole in it on the firewall side of the inner fender well.

Last edited by twizzle12; 04-06-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Cool Twizzle, thanks! yeah, that's why I said in my post that it was "towards the cabin"... I should have said between the front wheel and the door so I didn't confuse everyone... cuz I'm sure you're not the only one who's gonna get mixed up... my bad...

but yes, that's the location of it, and yes - that's the answer I'm lookin' for - so I know that mine isn't the only one like that, and that it's the way it's supposed to be.

Thanks!

Old 04-06-2007, 07:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by happygounlucky86
you can kinda see the inner fender on some of the rim shots from this thread, dont know if you can see what yur lookin for tho.
nope

thanks tho!

Old 04-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

I can tell you one thing I don't like the way GM did the inner wheel wells at all!!!
Take a look at the backs also just too many places left open where they meet the sheet metal.. Next times you wash up under the wells check out how much dirt has acummulated in the rear wells where it meets the outer body.