LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

How to Install Tunes and Original Backup Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to Install Tunes and Original Backup Problem

I have a 2006 Impala SS with a Diablosport, and have a few questions.

1) What program do I use to install a Crom file to the Diablo, and what program do I use to install a Custom tune file from an email?

2) Before I brought the car back to the dealer for warranty work, I Restored the Diablo to the Original backup, but the dealer called and asked if I changed the software in the vehicle, I hated to lie, but I said No. It seems that the Original backup restored by the Diablo was Not the Original backup. How can this be?

Thanks,

Bob
Old 04-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Launching!

hmmm that is weird. should be the original back up. contact diablo and they will help you with this problem.
also what kind of warrenty work did you get done? if it is transmission work they always ask that.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Teching In

You're right! It was a transmission problem, and they had to reflash the software to the Original vehicle's software.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:21 AM
Launching!

yeah i had tranny work done to and they asked if i had after market programming. what was wrong with the tranny? i had a bad torque converter which led to metal shavings in my tranny.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by boba17
I have a 2006 Impala SS with a Diablosport, and have a few questions.

1) What program do I use to install a Crom file to the Diablo, and what program do I use to install a Custom tune file from an email?
all of the programs and instructions you need can be found on the download page here:

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...display&pid=68

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 04-09-2007, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

I've got an issue here, too, but different than the above. I just tried to get the factory tune file from the Diablo to back up on my PC and it shuts down on me (the program).

When i try to "Get File from Predator" it starts to download and on the Predator it shows a progress bar. When the Diablo shows 100%, the file download on the screen is only 1/10 of the way and then i get the Microsoft Error screen asking me if i want to send a report about the error. When i choose send or not send, it just shuts down on me.

Anyone else have this issue? Ideas? I'll also post this at the Diablo forum, too.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
I've got an issue here, too, but different than the above. I just tried to get the factory tune file from the Diablo to back up on my PC and it shuts down on me (the program).

When i try to "Get File from Predator" it starts to download and on the Predator it shows a progress bar. When the Diablo shows 100%, the file download on the screen is only 1/10 of the way and then i get the Microsoft Error screen asking me if i want to send a report about the error. When i choose send or not send, it just shuts down on me.

Anyone else have this issue? Ideas? I'll also post this at the Diablo forum, too.
Are you using the E40PCinterface?
If so, is the Predator set to options>custom tune>export original backup?

Feel free to give me a call at 561-908-0040 with the Predator hooked to the PC and I'll try to walk you through it.

Thanks
Mike
Old 04-09-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
Are you using the E40PCinterface?
If so, is the Predator set to options>custom tune>export original backup?

Feel free to give me a call at 561-908-0040 with the Predator hooked to the PC and I'll try to walk you through it.

Thanks
Mike
Thanks for the reply, Mike...Unfortunately, i cannot call right now, but to answer your Qs:

I have no clue if i'm using the E40 interface...what, exactly, is that?

I just went to options>custom tune>export tune>original backup>

...and it sits at "Processing...5%" with "Start PC receive at 115..." in the background. It then says "transfer failed."

Also, did we ever ask and/or receive an answer to why there is no vehicle information being collected from these vehicles? When i try to get vehicle info from the tuner it only shows ECU: GM E40 and transport bus: CAN. Is this onle a ME problem or are others finding the same thing?
Old 04-09-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Regular

I don't think you can use the DsDownloader cause I had the same problem. There is another downloader called the E40 PCIinterface that you use. One thing I was wondering is if you can save the tune that you modified (PE and LTFT) to your computer. That way if you want to switch tunes you wouldn't have to keep on modifing them.

Quick Reply: How to Install Tunes and Original Backup Problem