LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Well the LS4 really hauls!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daveridlen93
and where does the red spring block go??????
Guessing it gets shoved into the rear springs somehow....bet it's pretty self-explanatory once you get the "block"...???
Old 05-03-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

hhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 05-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

I can get a pic if you want but they go on the back springs, you have some one lift the car about a 1" and then you can get them in. They make the back end a lot stiffer.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They are probably just an insert that doesn't allow teh springs to compress???/
Old 05-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

There you go, you got it.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know about these ones, but typically those twist in so you don't have to lift the car at all.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

Well they are the shipping block they put on the GTO when they send them out to the dealers. They are just a big reb rubber block with 3 cut outs so it will fit on the spring.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

GOT IT!!!! Thanks!!!

Super Dave
Old 05-25-2007, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Mystic, he's not stock, by far. IIRC, Rockers, Rods, Springs, HP Tuned, Tranny shift kit, and now drag radials...

Did i miss something, BADD? Maybe an intake of some sort? Oh, yeah...btw...those are nice numbers, for sure! And yes, i do believe you have the fastest time for any LS4 that i've seen across a few forums.
thats not heavily modded either.

Rockers & associated upgraded hardware - ONE mod
Tuned - 2nd Mod
Shift Kit - hardly a "real" mod but fine, we'll call it mod #3
Downpipe - Mod #4

thats it, tires aren't a "mod" either. just traction aid. No significant mods, just baby, beginner bolt-ons.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FastPacedGTO
thats not heavily modded either.

Rockers & associated upgraded hardware - ONE mod
Tuned - 2nd Mod
Shift Kit - hardly a "real" mod but fine, we'll call it mod #3
Downpipe - Mod #4

thats it, tires aren't a "mod" either. just traction aid. No significant mods, just baby, beginner bolt-ons.
Well not to start anything, but for us LS4 guys that is highly moded so far. It is not as easy for us to work on the cars as the RWD cars #1, there is not as many mods available #2, so i guess that makes it a highly moded car since it has pretty much all that can be done at this point.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Mystic, he's not stock, by far. IIRC, Rockers, Rods, Springs, HP Tuned, Tranny shift kit, and now drag radials...

Did i miss something, BADD? Maybe an intake of some sort? Oh, yeah...btw...those are nice numbers, for sure! And yes, i do believe you have the fastest time for any LS4 that i've seen across a few forums.
lowest et, not mph

ok now i go
Old 05-26-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FastPacedGTO
No significant mods, just baby, beginner bolt-ons.
And who invited you over here? Stick to the LS2 section. As Nikon said, there's not much else to do. If you didn't know, we're not getting the "interest" that the other LSx engines got...so for what he's done, i'd consider it quite a bit.

Did you really dredge up a 3 week old thread to talk down about someone?
Old 05-26-2007, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

you wanna cam it cam it, nobodys stopping you.

stick to a custom grind, .570 lift, and all the duration you want. Or disable the DOD, toss some regular lifters in there and go nuts. Can't that be done?

headers? bitch to TOG to make you some, be like the L67 guys and port your stockers.

you act like this is some mutant motor that can't be modified. I think it's funny the guy who wants to mod it the least is the leader in your community.

Even the GM LSx would slide in there perfectly.

I just don't get it when people are like "there's no aftermarket for this motor" Hello, it's an LSx, the aftermarket is huge, all thats badly needed right now is headers, and I'm surprized they aren't out, as the 3800's had headers.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Default drag radials

Hi badd,
What size/brand/model of drag radials are you running on your car? I want to put a set on mine.
thanks
Old 06-13-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

toss some regular lifters in there and go nuts
Not that easy to do, you would need to drop the motor in the car. I think the stock lifters are what makes the Crane 1.8 Rockers such a hard *** install on these motors though cause the stock rods are about 1/4 inch bigger.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Scarlett, got my fueling reasonably closely dialed in and the Crane's will flat out pin you in your seat, once you get the adjusting sorted out, you HAVE to get it tuned somehow. I am for sure getting valve float with the stock springs, just as starts to really pull, starts to drop power at about 5700 RPM. For 95% of my driving, the added torque in the mid-range is just what I wanted, so in no hurry to swap the springs, maybe in a month or two, but now that I am not running pig-rich, it really snaps to attention when you step on the long pedal. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I promise.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

I ordered HP Tuner software so once I get it i am getting my car dyno tuned no messing around . And to note I woke up this morning and there was no loud tick in the car so far. And last night did I ever have it out with a Nissan Skyline!
Old 06-13-2007, 03:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 SS
Scarlett, got my fueling reasonably closely dialed in and the Crane's will flat out pin you in your seat, once you get the adjusting sorted out, you HAVE to get it tuned somehow. I am for sure getting valve float with the stock springs, just as starts to really pull, starts to drop power at about 5700 RPM. For 95% of my driving, the added torque in the mid-range is just what I wanted, so in no hurry to swap the springs, maybe in a month or two, but now that I am not running pig-rich, it really snaps to attention when you step on the long pedal. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I promise.
NICE!!

Now who wants to come help me put some rockers/springs/etc on mine???!!! ok, not help - but DO it, as I have no clue... LOL

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 06-13-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

You could not pay me enough $$$ to ever do these rockers again. If it wasn't for the fact I am one stubborn *** and spent 877 on these dam rockers I would have used them as rocks and sent them skipping in the lake. I suggest if you do springs you get someone who really knows there **** cause if you have the wrong clearance you will have some nasty valve piston slaps.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

I am for sure getting valve float with the stock springs, just as starts to really pull, starts to drop power at about 5700 RPM
I found an article on the net that said our stock springs are good up to 6300 RPM and the best spot to shift is 6100 RPM. From all the headaches talking to people they said unless you change the cam dont worry about the springs just don't abuse them by punching into the 6 grand marker alot.

Quick Reply: Well the LS4 really hauls!