LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

motor mount...im lost

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 07:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor mount...im lost

hey all,

i have been reading about flipping, of rotating a motor mount on the 06 monte ss and tried to find a how to, or more info on it, but couldnt. i mean i have been up all night, but i looked and looked and couldnt find info.

If anyone can supply info that would be great!

Thanks

Gabriel
Old 06-29-2007, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

Pretty sure it's in here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-performance/650801-spring-rocker-push-rod-install-pics.html

Do an advanced search for "motor mount flip" in the LS4 section and you'll find a few mentions of it.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Teching In

thanks for the help with that link, i am having a hard time finding a more detailed how to, i just dont want to eff it up, know what i mean.

Thanks again

Gabriel
Old 06-29-2007, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

It's super easy. Yank the two bolts holding in the dogbone and set the dogbone aside. Those are 15mm. Loosen the 3 bolts on the motor mount (2 are 15mm, the other is obviously smaller). Reinstall one bolt and nut through the MM bushing and really tighten. With the help of a screwdriver, lube the perimeter of the bushing...prying the edges away to get the wd40 in there. Once it's good & lubed, take your choice of 15mm tools (breaker bar w/socket, socket wrench, open end wrench, etc.) on each side of the bushing and push towards the engine. You may need to hold it when you get oh so far and spray more lube in there. Sooner or later it will break free & spin...the older the car the harder it will be to get to move due to the "baking" process that is our engine bay.

After it's done, ff the bushing comes somewhat out of the channel, just reset it with a screwdriver and hammer. Undo the bolt, reinstall the dogbone, and tighten everything up...including the bolts holding the MM to the radiator support.

That's all there is to it.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a tuff as hell time doing it to. Then my friend came over and flipped it in 2 seconds . My tires dont screech at all now they just grip and it pulls alot harder, I would not be suprised if you gain 10-15ft torque from doing this.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Teching In

thanks for all the help folks, finally did this along with that air box mod. gonna drive it here in a bit to see the difference.

Gabriel

UPDATE: Just an update, drove around the car for a good 15 minutes and you can feel a difference when launching! it feels to me that it launches almost twice as hard as before! As for the air box mod, if you step on it WOT, you can hear wind sucking in real nice...sounds like a mini mini turbo lol. I recommend these mods to everyone!

Last edited by JuniorMT; 06-29-2007 at 04:39 PM.