LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Sticky for tuning our cpu

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Taz34SS
Ok, so I have some stuff done, but I am still looking for a good way for 3-1 and 4-2 shifts, Full Throttle Speed and where to set the RPM Full Throttle Shift. Also, what would you guys say about setting the TQ management? Here is the file I am working on.

NM, cant upload a 2.2mb file on here. Can I send it to you Nacho or Area?
Hey I got your email, ever since the 2.20 update, it has been telling me that .hpt/.hpl files are corrupted. Nothing to do with your files, its the damn program....

Try Area and see what he says and if I get HPT to open the files, I'll let you know how they look.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Sorry for the double post, Taz you got mail
Scarlett, you got PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Sounds easier to get HPT...
Doesn't sound that bad. All you're really doing is backing up your original tune to the computer. Thanks for the write up Lew. I might give it a shot!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

I'm thinking about working with Taz to make a diablosport TCM tune (if he's still down by the time I'm ready). Basically I am happy with the "safe" diablosport tune and just want the tcm\dsp settings changed. If I do it, I will make a detailed write up with screenshots on how to do it...for those suffering with the predators.

Diablosport now---> Diablosport fixed -->
Old 10-08-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey I got your email, ever since the 2.20 update, it has been telling me that .hpt/.hpl files are corrupted. Nothing to do with your files, its the damn program....

Try Area and see what he says and if I get HPT to open the files, I'll let you know how they look.
i have not had any problems so far with 2.2. i have looked over a few of them, but with me not being able to save them, it's kind of a moot point. all i can do is write down stuff and send it back in hopes they understand it
Old 10-08-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Area47
i have not had any problems so far with 2.2. i have looked over a few of them, but with me not being able to save them, it's kind of a moot point. all i can do is write down stuff and send it back in hopes they understand it
Some have been experiencing problems, others haven't....I could open other's files all the time with previous updates. Only now is it getting a bit sketchy.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Some have been experiencing problems, others haven't....I could open other's files all the time with previous updates. Only now is it getting a bit sketchy.
the only problems i had were with the 1.8 update. i have a couple mustang files that i was trying to look at, and well it didn't let me. maybe i'll try it with the 2.2 update and see if i can crash it again