LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Cartuning GXP/LS4 Turbo Update

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, but you'd think he could have at least gotten on to give us a quick lowdown with a few numbers, then filled in the blanks later.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

HMMMM...Is it the same turbo that is being used on 3.8v6's? Maybe just the tubing/piping being remodified to fit in our LS4's or is it a bigger/newer turbo????
Old 09-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Teching In

i don't want to be a trouble maker but ...this might be a hoax. i've looked all over the cartuning website and can't find anything about a special project on a v8 engine.

maybe its time to raise a certain flag.. but i don't want to be the one to do it. I'm hopeful for a turbo for the ls4 engine i mean just look at what that thing can do to a gt video
Old 09-22-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Give them a chance. Some people are just too lazy to update their websites. Look at MPD. They never got prototype shots for their new monte/impala hoods on their sites, yet we know the project exists. It's very unlikely that it's a hoax in my opinion. So yeah, quit being a troublemaker so early in your post count.

PS: Those 9 second GP's look really silly with their uber front tires and pizza cutter rears. But still mad impressive.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Teching In

low post count: that's why i didn't want to be the one to raise that 'flag.' But honestly i'm just anxious to see what he's got. I'm like a kid in a candy store.... or is it like a kid on christmas day. either way i'm a kid.. and i wanna see it now.

Originally Posted by hexxLS4
PS: Those 9 second GP's look really silly with their uber front tires and pizza cutter rears. But still mad impressive.

lol it be even cooler to ride around town with the little training wheels on the back of my car.. where do i sign up? j/k
Old 09-22-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

I'm with jayk. If it was me, the very first thing I would have done after getting home, would be to at least post SOME kind of results. And if you look at the Cartuning site, you'll see that their future products and projects page just has a couple of sentences about what they're working on. If they're really working on a kit for our cars, how hard would it be to add a sentence to their site? I mean, if it was legit (not that I'm saying it isn't), wouldn't they want to start a little buzz about it and at least say it was coming. I think I learned something about that in one of my marketing courses. Hell! just look at Diablosport and how long they've been boasting that TCM support was coming. And MPD at least said the new hood was on it's way. They didn't just come out and say, "Oh, by the way, we have a hood for the MCs/Impalas now."

Not trying to start ****, I'm just saying.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Resident

I just think it's a little early to be callin BS on a post that's only 4 days old. =) The diablosport situation is a year in the making. So alls I'm saying is that we should give the guy at least a couple days or so before rippin on him. I will admit it's a little odd that there haven't been any pictures yet though. I think they do owe us that much.

Tell ya what, I'll email kevin@cartuning.ca and see what they have to say.

Edit: OK I just emailed him. Let's see what happens.

Last edited by hexxLS4; 09-22-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:37 AM
TECH Resident

Believe me, I don't want to call BS, and I definitely don't want to rip on the guy. I'm just stating the obvious, because it is quite annoying to get all pumped up by this guy almost daily and not have 1 piece of proof.

"Hey guys, I've got a new turbo!!!"

"Wow, tell us more! Got any pics???"

***crickets***

"I'm going to the track...TONIGHT!!!!!!!"

"Great, can't wait to see those results!"

"Hey, how about those results?"

***crickets***

See what I'm saying? It's like the guy is trying to give us blue *****.

WTF?!?!?! Put up or shut up!
Old 09-23-2007, 01:42 AM
On The Tree

Old 09-23-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Resident

OK Guys. Here is my original email"

Hello there. I just wanted to verify a claim that your company is working on a turbo for the LS4 cars. According this thread, you guys are well on your way to a production kit. People are skeptical, though, because there have been no pictures, videos, or even updates on your websites to verify the claims.

Here is the hype thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=785588

Any additional information you can provide including pics or video would be excellent and a good way to get people more excited for your product.

Thanks!

Will
Here is the response:

Hi William,

thanks so much for your interest in our new kit. This definately is real, and Jays car definately feels amazing with the kit installed. Unfortunately, we've had very little time to work on the website with shipping out current product line, and developing new stuff. To release all within a few months of eachother are the HEMI 5.7 LX kit, the GMT900 truck (escalade, denali, etc) kit, and the GXP/Monte/Impala SS kit. Being a V6 Turbo kit car owner, I have to say that I prefer driving our turbo GXP much more. With the nicer handling, ride, and V8 torque behind the turbo, it's really nice. We've seen as high as 28 - 30 mph on a light 65mph cruise on the highway with it (with turbo installed) and it just drives like the OEM put it there.

We're pricing it according to what's gone in to the kit and feel that it's a very fair offering. The kit made about 390whp @8psi (Octane = 91), and we will be shipping it @10. Any user can easily drop the boost down to where they feel comfortable with it. Later to follow will be a rear manifold made for the turbo kit, as the current factory rear unit is really holding power back (I'd guess a good 50whp!). Nothing is final just yet, but we're looking to start shipping within one month, and included will be at least the following :

Full CNC mandrel bent turbo piping/hot and cold side.
Full Ceramic/Powder coating on all piping.
Tial 50mm BOV
Turbonetics T-66 unit.
Electric cutout on exhaust downpipe (yes, included!) by DMH performance (not a cheaper style unit, this has a 4yr warantee). You can take the car from silent to massive gurgle from inside the car.
Piping to connect to stock exhaust system.
Autolite spark plugs.
160 deg thermostat
Alky injection system
Full Air to Air intercooler
Shift Kit
Lokar flexible stainless transmission dipstick
All silicone fittings/T-bolt clamps
LS1 replacement MAF sensor
Diablosport programmer/scanner flashed with our calibration for your car (we will be able to update with new flashes as time goes on, or allow us to meet customer requests for unique changes through email)
Turbonetics evolution wastegate
K/N Air filter and tubing.

We may also be including a transmission cooler for the kit, although that is yet to be decided. We'd like this kit to be as complete as possible so each customer gets the exact same results. Needless to say, all you will need are tools to take your from fun to "I can't wait to drive it again". Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions.

I have some prototype pictures, but we're waiting to take some production pictures before posting up. This kit has already been extremely well tested with no major issues at all.

Best regards,

Kevin Margitta
Cartuning Performance
Let me know if you guys have any other questions and I'll do a follow up email.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds pretty good, so what the hell is taking so long with the track results???

Maybe they're telling this guy to keep quiet?
Old 09-23-2007, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Corny40
Sounds pretty good, so what the hell is taking so long with the track results???

Maybe they're telling this guy to keep quiet?
Maybe the guy only has internet access at work... He never said he would have results posted immediately.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SDfbody
Maybe the guy only has internet access at work... He never said he would have results posted immediately.
You may be right.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Kinda silly question?? But ah why does it have to be autolite spark plugs? why not anything else? What differance does it make? Cause I just installed NGK Iridiams in my GXP Kinda like them and don't wanna change them..
Old 09-23-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

I wonder if we can opt out of things like the intake and predator tuner....etc.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Teching In

wow.. we'll i just went from skeptic doubter to kid on christmas morning in less time than you can spell cartuning. Now i guess we just wait for those pictures, videos, times. if this is all true.. he's probably driving it right now. If I had this kit I'd be driving it every chance i got. I definately wouldn't be on here. ( except for to show off my videos and stuff everyonce and a while)
Old 09-24-2007, 12:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ls4GXP
Kinda silly question?? But ah why does it have to be autolite spark plugs? why not anything else? What differance does it make? Cause I just installed NGK Iridiams in my GXP Kinda like them and don't wanna change them..
Iridiams?

I've heard of iridium, but iriDiAMN thats funny...
Old 09-24-2007, 08:09 AM
TECH Regular

Wow, you guys are worse then 6 year old school girls!

Geez.

Couple things:

-Didn't make it to the track, I went with my buddy who has a supercharged 91 mustang and his car broke down on the way to the track, we finished fixing it by 10:30pm and the track was closing at 11pm. The track is 2 hours away from home, by the time we ate some food and headed back home I got home at 3am.

-Even if I would have made it to the track, there was a line up before getting in of 45 minutes, then when in there the line up in the staging lanes were up and down which means I would have only gotten 1 run in (I had some friends that went and this is what they told me) so it would have been a shitty night anyways.

-I sit in front of a computer all day at work, the last thing I want to do when I get home on the weekend is sit in front of a computer. I have other things to do like renovate my house.

-So I'm sorry I didn't get any numbers this weekend but I will head back there in the next week or 2 for sure and I will keep you all posted.

-For all those that want to call a BS flag, you are pretty retarded, I am not a 16 year old kid driving a Civic why would I come on here and post info if it wasn't true? :S
Old 09-24-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

the kit is real. so call all the bs you want too. if you do that too much, jay, or myself will put you in your place on it.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

when can i drop my car off 2 have it installed? ill be first in line!

Quick Reply: Cartuning GXP/LS4 Turbo Update