LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Ambient temp reading by predator

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ambient temp reading by predator

Question. Does anyone know why the ambient temperature read by the diablosport is consistently 15-20F higher than the ambient temperature shown on the DIC? Why would there be two separate sensors for ambient temperature? Ambient to me, is the temperature outside of the car.
Playing around with the diablosport for the gto, I decided to log only a few items on the GXP. I know it is not made to modify an 05. IAT's were horrific.
I did a few things to get the IAT’s within 10F of diablosport ambient but but back to the first question.

This question applies to the gto and the gxp.

Last edited by okie123; 09-24-2007 at 10:03 PM. Reason: accidently hit enter
Old 09-25-2007, 07:26 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

on my Monte, the Predator ambient is 12 degrees higher than the outside temp on the DIC... and my intake temp is usually 15-20 degrees higher than the predator ambient..

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-25-2007, 07:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'll check the Imp tonight. I don't recall it being more than a couple degrees’ off when I tested the remote IAT sensor.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

As I recall the ambient reading on the Predator is based on the initial IAT reading when the key is turned on. If the IAT is heatsoaked, it will generally report a much higher temp than actual ambient.

Thanks
Mike
Old 09-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
on my Monte, the Predator ambient is 12 degrees higher than the outside temp on the DIC... and my intake temp is usually 15-20 degrees higher than the predator ambient..

Exactly. Why would there be such a difference between the DIC temp and the ambient temp on diablosport after driving 10 miles down a turnpike at
70 mph? It must be reading from two seperate sensors. If thats the case
where is the sensor that diablosport is reading? Under the hood?