LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

u-bend delete cheap

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007 | 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Default u-bend delete cheap

I can fabricate these at work, I am a welder and I could pump these bad boys out for half the price of everyone else pretty much. Anyone interested in these cheap horses and tq???
Old 11-21-2007 | 10:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by importandy
I can fabricate these at work, I am a welder and I could pump these bad boys out for half the price of everyone else pretty much. Anyone interested in these cheap horses and tq???
We the Ls4's guys do not have much of a u-bend like the v6s so any u-bend refabrication wouldn't help much maybe 1hp,hogan down pipe is dirt cheap and takes care of it..............I'd be interested in custom long tube headers if possible theres call for these and no competitors shoot for that and you got my $800.00+.
Old 11-22-2007 | 03:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ls4GXP
We the Ls4's guys do not have much of a u-bend like the v6s so any u-bend refabrication wouldn't help much maybe 1hp,hogan down pipe is dirt cheap and takes care of it..............I'd be interested in custom long tube headers if possible theres call for these and no competitors shoot for that and you got my $800.00+.
i second that!
Old 11-22-2007 | 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

really, they would have to be hand fabbed with some tubing but that can be done. I will have to look at the layout and figure out how intense the fab is gonna be.
Old 11-22-2007 | 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

get it done!
Old 11-22-2007 | 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think there are a lot of us that would jump on a nice set of headers.
Old 11-22-2007 | 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

I took a quick peek at the front set and they seem like they could be made into a project easily, haven't looked at the backs yet. Maybe next week I will take the car apart for an afternoon and get a layout done. Is there a diff under the car from the impala to the monte or the gxp???
Old 11-22-2007 | 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

If I make tube headers also, would anyone help me out with info as far as optimal place to mount the O2 and stuff like that and as far as like welding a threaded outlet for items like an egt probe or other tuning sensors. If someone helps me on the tuning end with suggestions on design, any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 11-22-2007 | 09:59 PM
On The Tree

I took a quick peek at the front set and they seem like they could be made into a project easily, haven't looked at the backs yet. Maybe next week I will take the car apart for an afternoon and get a layout done. Is there a diff under the car from the impala to the monte or the gxp???
All 3 are identical.
Old 11-23-2007 | 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If I make tube headers also, would anyone help me out with info as far as optimal place to mount the O2 and stuff like that and as far as like welding a threaded outlet for items like an egt probe or other tuning sensors. If someone helps me on the tuning end with suggestions on design, any suggestions will be appreciated.
Combined minds can absolutely derive ideal placement. Especially if there are headers at the other end of the story for a reasonable price.
Old 11-23-2007 | 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Well I broke my hand playing football but I will try to go back to work tuesday cause I am going hunting but Lemme try to set aside some materials and all.

Quick Reply: u-bend delete cheap