LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Will this radio work in my Impala?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007 | 08:36 PM
Launching!

Default Will this radio work in my Impala?

I just happened to come across it on ebay, it says it will work on Impala/Monte Carlo, but I'm a bit skeptical because this radio was never a factory option on our cars. Here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...spagenameZWDVW

Feel free to chime in if you know anything!!
Old 11-28-2007 | 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

If you want nav, thats a lot of money to pay....

If you want a sound system, thats a lot of money to pay. So the question is are you interested in sound quality (amp, sub, speaker, HU) or a nav system. If sound, I would recommend a JL Clean Sweep system and some alpine amps, speakers, and subs.
Old 11-28-2007 | 09:47 PM
Launching!

Yeah, it is alot of money, but if I could find a used one cheaper that would be nice. I would like to have it mainly for the nav feature, the stock sound system is fine for me. I'm not really into custom stereo installs, so that's why I was wondering if this one is a direct fit.
Old 11-28-2007 | 10:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

i could be wrong, but it looks a little big. on the other hand the dude does have some amazing feedback so he probably knows what hes talking about. as for the price.....you know you can get a tomtom one for $150?
Old 11-29-2007 | 06:29 AM
Staging Lane

Yes they will fit, and I've seen it done once in an Impala. You'll need the GPS antenna as well, and the DVD. One of these days I'll be doing it myself as well, once I get the money. If it is a pull from another car, you will have to take it to a dealer to have the radio setup for your car with a Tech II.

Look around some truck forums, you'll find this is a popular change there. Since our cars use the same LAN bus, it is nearly plug and play. Just be weary, there are different versions, some with Bose, some without, some with rear entertainment and some without. As far as I know, the rear entertainment doesn't really matter, but the Bose might.
Old 11-29-2007 | 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea they fit. However I would rather just go buy an aftermarket double DIN unit that has more options and more room for expansion. And yea if you JUST want navi you could just buy a Tom Tom or any other type of portable GPS like that for alot cheaper. However I'd understand wanting it in the dash, I'd never buy one of those navi's if I ever get one I want to be all integraded into my headunit.
Old 11-29-2007 | 07:57 AM
TECH Addict

What they said...it will fit, but for that money, go aftermarket and get more bells & whistles.
Old 11-30-2007 | 03:18 AM
On The Tree

cant go wrong with a clarion lol