LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

HELP! With stock tune and diablosport!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! With stock tune and diablosport!

I'm trying to take my car back into the dealer today. So I reinstalled the factory tune and my car is bogging. It's like it doesn't know what gear to be in or something. Very strange. Anyone else experience this? I thought I saw a post on it, but I can't find it right now. Really nervous.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

haven't experienced that issue...

maybe try reloading a diablo tune.. start the car... turn it off... and restore the original backup again...

also, you can pull the ECM/TCM fuse for a couple minutes to reset all the learned parameters... this should clear anything up...

the fuse is in the fuse block under the hood... it's a blue 10 amp fuse under the STRTR relay in the upper right... the owner's manual tells/shows ya where it is...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 12-20-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Resident

blah problem is, my battery is dead. I had enough juice from my jump starter to reload the diablo tune...they're coming to get the car, so I hope they don't notice.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

screw it...I just threw the stock tune back in it...if it bogs for them, then I'll just play dumb....afterall it worked fine the last time I got it started up.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

aaaah... well, stuff will definitely be reset then

as long as the stock tune got back in there, you're fine... probably didn't run it long enough for stuff to get relearned, like the idle, trims, etc etc... no biggie..

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 12-20-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

FWIW, this is exactly the problem i brought up about a month ago...if not here then at Diablo. Not sure what to make of it, but turning the car off then back on worked fine. I reinstalled the "original backup" through the performance tuning section, as opposed to through the "troubleshooting" section. I hadn't removed the electrical items out of the outlets, nor did i pull the OnStar fuse. Not sure if that had anything to make of it, but Monte hasn't had that problem, does everything by the book, and uses the "troubleshooting" load procedure...which oddly enough doesn't require the post-tune cycling of the ignition.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

correct Buff... I set the parking brake, pull the onstar fuse, and I go through Troubleshooting > Restore Original Backup... never had any issues at all... and also correct, when "restoring" the original backup as opposed to installing it like a tune, you do not have to do the key cycling at the end...

Old 12-20-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Here was my thread...probably what you (hexx) saw.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=diablo
Old 12-20-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

Yes buffalo, that was the thread I saw. Sorry for the repost, I just got stressed out and my searching skills went down the tube. I wasn't able to turn the car on and off because of the whole battery problem. With my jump starter, it's pretty much a one way road...once you stop the engine, the thing needs to be recharged first before it can be jumped again. Ugh.

Anyways, the tow truck guy showed up and she started up fine. I was able to drive her up the truck with no problems (this is with the stock tune back in). Hopefully, there will be no problems when it gets to the dealership. Otherwise, I'm just gonna play dumb and they'll probably just reflash it over there or something.

Either way, it left here with the stock tune. So I feel better now. Thanks for the help!
Old 12-20-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

No problem. I'll cut you some slack on the whole "repost" thing It's not like you make it a daily habit or anything.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

haha thanks.