LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

'07 Monte SS Greasy window film on windshield...anyone else have this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 04:32 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Happens on every car, get used to it....
You missed my point above.....it does not happen on every car. Our Corvette doesn't even have a hint of this issue and I can only imagine that there are plenty of other cars that don't either. The mere fact that our Corvette doesn't have this issue and it is made by Chevrolet doesn't make a lot of sense.

The other issue that seems to be related to the greasy windshield is the fact that if the car is started with the heater control in the split position to provide both air to the floor and to the defroster it will always blow fog onto the windows for several seconds. This is extremely irritating since there are many times that we have to physically sit still and not drive the car for 5 to 10 seconds because it is blowing steam onto the windshield and the only way to try and expedite the process is to put it on full defrost and crack the blower control to full. By now you've taken about 15 seconds to be able to just see through the window clearly. This doesn't sound like a long time but it's an eternity when you're ready to roll! I just can't believe that "fumes" are causing the window to fog up like this before you can drive it. I certainly can believe that the residue left on the window is a result of something in the heating system track.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John for the win......mine is still messed up, no matter what I clean it with.