LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Highway debree messed up my Monte

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highway debree messed up my Monte

Well on sat driving down I-95. Traffic was pretty heavy. I was in the middle lane with cars on the left and the right of me well I see a whole bunch of debree in the right lane every one is slowing down except the grandma in mercuruy millan in the right lane she speeds up goes right over the the debree a half a foot long two by four jumps out of under he front tire I hit the brakes. I even put my arm up to protect me and my sleeping wife. That thing looked like it was gonna hit my windshield but me hitting the brake and gravity doing its job it hits somewhere front left. It was a loud bang. Woke up the wife, she was scared shitless thinking we were crashing or something.
Well down the road there was a state trooper pulled over a explorer pulling a trailer full of furniter that seemed to be missing a whole lot of parts so I knew where the debree came from but since we didnt see it falling we cant prove it was him. we still got his tags.
The damage: Well I was pleased to see how little it was considering the force of the impact. Busted Head light cover but still holding together, a small hole and crack going accross. Head light still works. Scraped febder below the light and a scratched and dented hood. The hood it is a nasty deep dent with a deep scratch.

The good news is, it is covered under my comprehensive after $100 deductible.

It was great Sat until then.
An hour earlier I was messing with a VW R32 with Dual melon launchers loud as hell. on a open highway with no traffic at all. Then a riced out Scion TC with some gauges I guess fake cuz he got the worst out of it by the Monte and the VW. VW guy couldn't accepted the fact that he couldn't hang with me we must of ran like 5 or 6 times with the same effect. he kept wanting more. I didn't want feel like runing anymore so off he goes into ricer fly by mode.
Then a guys in CTS-V came up and wanted to run so I obliged and got killed by him but he was cool thou. Gave me thumbs up I did as well.
All runs were from about 55-60 ish to about 120.
VW would beabout 2 cars back every time. Scion Was a little spec in the mirror every time it looked like he was pressing the gas but the car stayed still.

The CTS-V got me by like 2 cars, but I think he went easy on me.
I gotta call the body shop now to schedule an appointment
Old 01-21-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Junkie

That sucks, but be thankful you are all safe.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear it....glad you are safe though.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Wow...this ALMOST happened to me after i read your thread a couple days ago. Was driving on the highway and the truck in front clips a 2'-3' section of what appeared to be 4x4 fence post material. The truck lost traction and skips across the highway but is able to correct itself, while i do something out of the Matrix movies and manage to miss the debris. Woulda been nasty. My deductible is $250, iirc.

Good luck with the repairs...hope it looks like new!
Old 01-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Launching!

My delaer has a Body shop. So I am going there. Seems they do good work. I am getting an estimate on Monday and then it goes into the shop. so we'll see.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had this happen a few years ago with my company car. It was semi tire debris/pieces on the road. Semi in front of me hit the debris and kicked up 2-3 foot section of semi tire. Took out the passenger side of the windshield, door mirror, and scratched the whole side of the car from the wire in the tire.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Launching!

Got my car back last night. Looks like new repaired and repainted hood and bumber cover. Replaced left headlight, replaced front spoiler. Hey the spoiler had nick on it from something else but hey I cant complain. Very Happy with the body work.
They washed and cleaned the thing inside and out like it is sitting on a showroom floor, just in time for the weekend.
By the way I forgot how to drive the thing LOL.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

How bad was the front spoiler? Any chance you got to keep it? I'd love to snag one on the cheap, even if it's in pieces.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Sorry Buff, I did not get to keep it. A new spoiler is about $50 from GM Direct.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Really? Do you know the P/N? the dealer asks about $280 for it, and that doesn't include the filler plate. Got a link?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Launching!

Sorry Buffalo, I was looking at the wrong part, The spoiler is $259 on GM direct.