LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

TPMS servicing-will dealer reflash PCM??

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS servicing-will dealer reflash PCM??

So my TPMS hasn't been functional since I first got aftermarket wheels/tires over 1 & 1/2 years ago. First it would say "service tire pressure monitor system" everytime I started the car, but eventually that message just went away and no I didn't tune it out. So now I want to get it working again and the dealer told me the warranty may cover it. My only concern is that they may reflash my PCM in the process. Anyone know the likelihood of this?? I don't really need it but I figure since the car has it I might as well make it functional again. However, if they may reflash my PCM I won't bother because I don't really feel like driving to Fresno to upload my tune again. What do you guys think?
Old 02-27-2008, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did the tire shop transfer the sensors to the new rims?

Old 02-27-2008, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

The tool used to reset the tps is completely different from the one they use to flash the pcm.If they said they're gonna re-flash it, go to another dealership.Period. They're idiots. The tps tool is completely separate.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

TiredGXP, no the sensors should still be in there. Now whether they're still good IDK.

Evilways, they never said they were gonna relash, but I just wanted to make sure there's no reason for them to. But it sounds like from what you're saying I don't have anything to worry about.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Teching In

What does the driver's info center display? Does it display all dashes? Also the sensors are part of the valve stem on you old wheels. You can tell by looking at the valve stems they will be metal with a nut on it. If the sensor are in the wheels you will have to restore the tire pressure values. If that does not work you will have to have the RCDLR module program , relearn tire sensors,program key transmitters,set the tire size and perssures
Old 02-28-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

So you're tuned, and you're worried about losing it? Can't you just back it up with HPt?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Regular

ChuckD, the drivers info centers does show all dashes when I check the tire pressures.

Buffalo, yep I just don't want to lose the tune because its a PITA to have to drive back to the shop to upload it again.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:28 AM
TECH Addict

Ahhhh...I thought you tuned it yourself at home...gotcha.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Teching In

The pcm does not have to be reprogrammed for any tpm problems. If anything has to be reprogramed it will be the RCDLR. Just make sure that the tire pressure sensors are in your wheels.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Regular

Just got it done today and everything is working now. Just had to reprogram the key fobs after I got the car home but no biggie.

Quick Reply: TPMS servicing-will dealer reflash PCM??