LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

DOD not engaging

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DOD not engaging

I just noticed that my DOD hasn't been engaging. I drove 45 miles today on the highway and I had my Inst. Economy meter open the entire time and it didn't go into 4 cyl. mode at all. I was driving it normal and the car isn't giving me a check engine light or anything. Its under warranty still, so I will probably take it in, but does anyone know whats wrong?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Launching!

Did you have it in Drive or 3? In 3 DOD does not engage.
It could be something else as well.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

I would sure hope that 45mi at highway speeds would be at OD, but like big said, if you're in anything other than D, it won't work. Take it in. I think you'd be the first DoD repair I've heard of to date.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

here's a whole bunch of reasons why the DOD would not work:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...3&d=1157077111

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-06-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Holy crap, there are a lot of reasons as to why it may not be engaged. Anyway, I just made an appointment and it is going in tuesday at 8:30 AM. When I get it back I'll post what the dealer said.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

update ?
Old 03-12-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok, they said there was nothing wrong with the DOD. I guess it makes sense as there are a number of reasons why it wouldn't drop into DOD (it does it now anyway). BUT I did have a tire pressure sensor stop reading in the my left driver, so they checked that out (and had it overnight b/c they were backed up). I went to pick it up today and they said they reset the system and it was working. It DID work for about 15 minutes in which case the "service tire monitoring system" came up. SO i immediately took it back and now i'm driving a saturn loaner car...awesome huh?
Old 03-13-2008, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Chevy was good to me, replaced 3 of the 4 TPMS sensors, the 4th (go figure) died out of warranty.

I won't replace the sensor, it's a big POS. They have to do a major hardware rev before I'd consider it again.

I'm going to opt to have the warning removed next time I have the car in for service, which will be for the "major EVAP sys leak".
Old 03-13-2008, 02:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Alright, I just talked to the chevy dealership that my car is at and they are now replacing the tire pressure reciever...so I won't get my car back until tomorrow, at the earliest....So now i'm stuck driving a saturn aura...yay
Old 03-13-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

They should have known to do that in the first place , considering the bulletin says to do so and replace the antenna (which is likely all they did the first time).

At least it's an Aura...the only saturn I'd consider driving (with the exception of the Sky Redline, if it were my WIFE's car)

Quick Reply: DOD not engaging