LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Tech Bulletin for 2005 GXP with water sound in dash when cold...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 01:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech Bulletin for 2005 GXP with water sound in dash when cold...

Anyone still have the post on this bulletin for the 05' GXP. Sounds like water wants to come out of my dash when the car is cold, something about a collant hose needing replaced. Thanx.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

i didnt realize there was actually a bulletin for this......i kinda hear this sometimes on startup but seems to go away when it warms up? is this the same symptoms you have?
Old 03-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Teching In

You may want to sign up at www.alldatadiy.com or a similar site. Beside instructions on how to replace stuff they have all the TSBs listed, you can read through and find problems you were just living with. That website helped me fix all the problems with my 88 jeep cherokee
Old 03-21-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

xTooltipElement Service Information 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix | Grand Prix (VIN W) Service Manual | Document ID: 1830488
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#06-06-02-008: Gurgle Type Noise Coming From Instrument Panel (IP)/Heater Core Area at Start Up (Replace Heater Hoses) - (May 22, 2006)

Subject: Gurgle Type Noise Coming From Instrument Panel (IP)/Heater Core Area at Start Up (Replace Heater Hoses)

Models: 2006 Chevrolet Impala SS Built Prior to November 1, 2005

2005-2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

with 5.3L Engine (VIN C -- RPO LS4)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment on a gurgle type noise coming from the IP/heater core area at start up.

Cause
Coolant flow within the heater core may be causing this noise.

Correction

(1) Lower Engine Heater Pipe
(2) Upper Engine Heater Pipe

Replace the inlet and outlet heater hoses to reverse the coolant flow though the heater core. Refer to the Inlet and Outlet Heater Hose Replacement procedures in SI. Be sure to install the hose ends as marked. The hose ends have a different diameter and are NOT interchangeable.

For the Impala SS only: After replacing the heater hoses, reprogram the HVAC control module using SPS with the latest software contained in TIS. This new software will allow the controller to properly bias the airflow to maintain correct heat output for the HVAC system.

Parts Information
Part Number
Description
Qty

Hose, Heater Inlet

Hose, Heater Outlet

Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

D9706*
Replace Heater Hoses and Reprogram HVAC Control Module with SPS

(Impala SS Only)
1.0 hr

D2787
Hoses, Heater (All) - Replace

(Grand Prix GXP Only)
Use Published Labor Operation Time

*This labor operation is for bulletin use only. It will not be published in the Labor Time Guide.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2008 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Yep.

Same thing.

Originally Posted by deft
i didnt realize there was actually a bulletin for this......i kinda hear this sometimes on startup but seems to go away when it warms up? is this the same symptoms you have?

Quick Reply: Tech Bulletin for 2005 GXP with water sound in dash when cold...