LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

What Eibachs did for my GXP Maximum Gs!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008 | 09:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default What Eibachs did for my GXP Maximum Gs!!!

I hit this number with the Impala Eibach springs. Before them, I was only averaging .085 in the corners. I know this meter is probably not dead on, but man it felt good to hit numbers like this with the way our cars are weighted.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...zpgh/090Gs.jpg
Old 04-06-2008 | 09:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dj_stylzpgh/GXP05
I hit this number with the Impala Eibach springs. Before them, I was only averaging .085 in the corners. I know this meter is probably not dead on, but man it felt good to hit numbers like this with the way our cars are weighted.

Nice!
Old 04-06-2008 | 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Nice numbers. I can gauge that with the internal gyro in the Pioneer headunit I have...will have to do that now that I have the new, wider tires on.
Old 04-07-2008 | 12:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Nice numbers.
Old 04-07-2008 | 05:58 AM
TECH Regular

Sweet man, Eibachs definetly helped my car also in the turns. Less body roll and better overall handling without affecting ride quality. But my car still can't handle for sh*t if you ask me. I'm sure your GXP is another story though.
Old 04-07-2008 | 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

There's only so much you can do with a V8 family car that no one wants to spend the R&D time/money on...so if the handling is still bad to you after the Eibach kit & STB's, it may not get better before you're buying another car.
Old 04-07-2008 | 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

when i contacted eibach, they said they no longer make springs for the grand prix, so how did you get yours??
Old 04-07-2008 | 07:18 PM
Launching!

I really want GXP seats in my Impala, even if mine could handle that good I'd be sliding all over the place with these crappy seats. lol nice numbers bro.
Old 04-08-2008 | 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bdyman
when i contacted eibach, they said they no longer make springs for the grand prix, so how did you get yours??
The GTP's fit and work fine. If that's not what he used, Rob_Raymer did and confirmed that they work.

Originally Posted by 98Jeep360Limited
I really want GXP seats in my Impala, even if mine could handle that good I'd be sliding all over the place with these crappy seats. lol nice numbers bro.
Tell me about it. #1 complaint since I got the damn car...well, maybe #2 behind shitty mileage, but that's MY fault, not the General's.
Old 04-08-2008 | 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah - your seats suck. Every time I have to drive an Impala I notice NO seat support (read - REALLY flat). Wonder if you could put the Monte seats and console in your cars? Should be more available since so my people seem to wreck them?

The thing about the V6 springs is that they may not be strong enough for a V8 over time. Really not sure why they would of stopped making them, since R&D had to be done and paid for. If you called or e-mailed Customer Service and was able to get a note to the Engineer or Supervisor I'm sure would make them for you if they were still being made in North America. Most of the time they're car guys that want to help out fellow gear heads. Thea automotive term to use is "Service Parts".

Next I'd step up the tires and put poly in the sways.

DJ - a number is just something you use to improve on, whether or not it's correct. What was the number w/ the stock springs? We'd be interested in the gain from the springs - a half G is a good gain for these cars!

BTW - my parents bought an Impala and my Dad doesn't stop talking about how much he loves the car. They got a loaded V6 model in that dark cherry looking color, had an SS spoiler on it. Must say it's a very nice looking color in the sun!

Last edited by Kazmaniac; 04-08-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-08-2008 | 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

ive hit at least a "g" on stock everything and some pretty bald/cold tires. some of the turns around here to merge on the highway are pretty curvy and sharp. just step on it and hold on! you'll hit better than that. as for the decel---did you dodge a raccoon or something
Old 04-08-2008 | 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I doubt the meter is reading accurate (you would be in Corvette and Viper territory at 1g), but at least it gives you a baseline to test off.
Old 04-08-2008 | 07:07 PM
Launching!

if your still on the stock wheels can you get a pic up. I really want to lower mine and id love to see how it looks. thanks

Quick Reply: What Eibachs did for my GXP Maximum Gs!!!