LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Where can I find Interior parts for my 06 Impala SS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I find Interior parts for my 06 Impala SS?

I am looking for some parts and/or pieces that will make it stand out a little bit. I am really looking to get a new shift **** first. The one I have is just plastics and chrome and I'd like to possibly get a leather wrapped one.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

What else would you be looking for? AFAIK, there's nothing in the interior that can be changed unless you want to DIY (like LED interior bulbs, new stainless gauge face from USSpeedo, custom trim/interior paint, etc.). Not many "off the shelf" items for our cars.

Most shift ***** are interchangeable...so all you do is loosen the torx set screw in the front of the OEM shifter, remove it, place the new one, and verify that the button pushes down far enough. I believe someone with a GXP had to add a spacer that would allow the new shifter button to go down farther. Then tighten the new set screw and you're golden!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
What else would you be looking for? AFAIK, there's nothing in the interior that can be changed unless you want to DIY (like LED interior bulbs, new stainless gauge face from USSpeedo, custom trim/interior paint, etc.). Not many "off the shelf" items for our cars.

Most shift ***** are interchangeable...so all you do is loosen the torx set screw in the front of the OEM shifter, remove it, place the new one, and verify that the button pushes down far enough. I believe someone with a GXP had to add a spacer that would allow the new shifter button to go down farther. Then tighten the new set screw and you're golden!
Stuff such as the stainless gauge face and things of that sort. The interior trim is in carbon fiber pattern, but I like the woodgrain look. I'm looking for a kit that would accent the window switches, the column and other parts. I would rather stay away from painting ANYTHING that is found in my interior.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Unless you want to buy a cheap (quality, not cost) stick-on kit from ebay, your trim will be whatever it is now unless you paint it. If you want to go with the woodgrain dash kit, I know a guy at NAIOA who is looking to trade his stock woodgrain for the aluminum or techno-metallic one (which comes std in the SS). LMK.

Regarding the gauges, check out USSpeedo's website. Corny got a custom, one-off stainless gauge face painted red. Looks good. These are high quality and high-cost.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

K' thanks.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:08 AM
TECH Resident