LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Anyone else have sunroof problems?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone else have sunroof problems?

2006 Impala SS with 38K miles:

Last night I went to close the sunroof and it slid forward all the way but wouldn't go down into it's final position. After an hour or so in the store, I came back out, started the car and tried to close it again - and it worked! Now I'm afraid to open it for fear it'll get stuck for good. My warranty is expired and I don't really have time to drop it off at the dealer right now. My garage is full of construction debris so I have to keep it in the driveway. What a drag!

Anyone know what the problem might be?
Old 06-04-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Someone had this problem before, IIRC. Lemme search over at NAIOA to see if it was a 2006+ over there.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Nope...it was 06 SS here @ LS1tech who had the same problem. Dealer thought it was bad ground(s) and when that didn't permanently fix the issue, they replaced his sunroof.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=sunroof
Old 06-04-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

I had that problem on my G6... They never did "fix it" but that put a band aid on it a couple times.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yep, they 'claimed' that a bad ground caused the computer that controls it to lose it's program. Then, after 'fixing' it failed the 2nd time I used it, same symptoms. Then they claimed the motor was bad, so they ordered an entire new assembly. Took like 6 weeks and a complaint to GM before they got it. Their parts system says it is a complete assembly, but there was no motor in it. They then found another one at a dealer in a-hole, Arkansas or something and had it shipped. You guessed it! No motor. The third one showed up with a motor and they replaced everything on it. No troubles since then and I use it all the time.

Quick Reply: Anyone else have sunroof problems?