LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Which HPt to get?

Old 06-12-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which HPt to get?

Anyone know what the difference is between the $500 and the $650 version of HPt? What are you guys using, and what would the benefit of the $650 version be??

EDIT: NVM...it seems as if the $500 is just a scanner and not a tuner. The $650 "VCM Suite" is the tuner?
Old 06-12-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

From the website...

Standard vs. Professional Interface

What does the MPVI Pro interface allow me to do over the Standard Version?
With our Pro interface, you can integrate 0-5v signals from various sensors such as EGT, Wide Band, fuel pressure and others right into our scanner. You will have real time data from those sensors right next to your standard scan tool data such as TPS, RPM, MPH, etc.

Our MPVI Pro interface also has black box data datalogging of up to 1hr 30mins built in. What this means is you are able to scan your vehicle without the use of a laptop using the interfaces record button. You can then take the interface into your home to transfer the log contents from the interface to the computer. If you have an MPVI Pro it will require no hardware modification. Also note that VCM Scanner comes with both interfaces regardless as it is part of our VCM Suite package.

Can I buy a wide band sensor and simply plug it in?
No. You need a wide band kit that supplies a 0-5v output. You will plug the output from your wide band controller into our interface.

Is a Wideband Sensor & Controller included with the MPVI Pro?
No. You would need to purchase this separatly from a company such as Innovate motorsports, PLX, AEM, Etc.

How many external devices can I have with the MPVI Pro?
We have provisions for 4 external devices that use a 0-5v output signal.

Does the Standard MPVI come with the scanner too?
Yes it comes with the hardware, the same scanner the pro comes with & the same editor package as the pro comes with.

Does the Standard MPVI come with the same amount of credits as the Pro MPVI?
Yes, both the Standard & Pro Version come with 8 credits.

How much would it cost to upgrade from the Standard MPVI to the Pro MPVI if I decided to upgrade later?
$289+shipping
Old 06-12-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the $500 is a tuner, the $650 allows analog inputs.

not allowing analog inputs is just silly. you really want them
Ryan
Old 06-12-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Regular

If you are going to tune it yourself and want the wideband function then get that; to note you also need to buy a wideband. If you want to tinker and pay someone to dyno tune get the basic; that is what I have.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

i second scarlett
Old 06-12-2008, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Get the one with the wideband, somebody always could come back and give it a tune.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:21 AM
TECH Resident

Standard 500.00 is what you... I mean we need.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:30 AM
Teching In

I went with the MPVI PRO mainly for th blackbox feature - I really don't want to be driving around with my laptop in my car.

The $500.00 IS a tuner - and has all of the same functions (as far as actual tuning goes) as the $650.00 version, it just doesn't allow analog input and also requires you to have your laptop in your car with you while your scanning. If you plan to scan/tune yourself, the PRO is the way to go - if your taking it to a shop to get tuned and just want to be able to flash back/make small changes, the basic should do you fine.

If you end up getting the basic and then want to upgrade you are going to pay extra - so make sure you get what you really need.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

The 500.00 is more then enough for tuning and scanning your car along with recording data with your laptop in the car.

I had the samething with DHP and HPT when I had them.

Search this Thread