LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

2-Stroke Engine oil in gas cleans/improves engine...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default 2-Stroke Engine oil in gas cleans/improves engine...

Very interesting read over in this GTO forum...

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91206

==========================

"We have over a collective 100,000 miles and 6 months testing already. Checked the cylinders ( top end piston and walls) spark plugs etc. All cleaner than they were when we started....all reported ( including myself) smoother idles and acceleration and a increase in MPG."

=======================

"We now are over 130,000 miles on our test mules ( collectively) with no ill side effects. All positive. Dont forget this is really an old school "trick"...folks have been putting in Marvel Mystery Oil and 2 Stroke oil for decades.....what we did is fine tune it. Furthermore do not lose sight of the fact at a 500:1 ratio ( really 1oz to 5 gallons is more like 600:1) you have less 2 stroke oil than water/chemicals that came with your gasoline. So you cannot "hurt" or degrade anything....it is all good for long term.....The reason I call for the Marine 2 Stroke oil is it is designed for and the add packs are there for water cooled motors....lower combustion ratings and detergents we were looking for. Use it with confidence.

For you folks running E10....this is a must to off set the long term corrosives of the corn alcohol on your seals/gaskets/fuel rails......"

==============================

"the stuff in gas is everything from water to dirt/silicon/pipeline greases...what we do with the 2 stroke stuff is capture it and burn it in the combustion process versus letting it settle out in the fuel system....no negative impact on any sensors/cats/tuning.....the oil coats and protects your upper cylinder and rings....protects your fuel system...this is why some of our test mules put out lower emissions when tested than before...better compression from the ring packs getting cleaned.....more efficient means more MPG and more importantly more RWHP and longer component life. A great discovery about all this is we are getting lower wear metals from the cylinder walls being coated thus lower wear metals at start up....I just ran 500 miles and sent a sample in to the lab and got the report back today.......lowest wear metals EVER! http://www.ls1.com/forums/showpost.p...6&postcount=78 "

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 07-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much would we put in ours?.. i think its a 15 gal tank.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

just like it says... 1 ounce for every 5 gallons... so figure for a full tank, 15 gallons, I'd put in 3 ounces...

our tanks are actually 17 gallons... in the Monte's anyway...

just gotta make sure you get the correct type of oil, not just any 2-stroke oil... has to be approved NMMA TC-W3® oil.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 07-23-2008, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

I'd be afraid of fouling the plugs.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

The amount of oil is miniscule, my only fear would be that it wouldn't mix in the tank properly, and would settle out and eventually take out the fuel pump after a year or more. Depending on driving needs.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

to me this sounds like the other additive...i cant recall exactly, but it was like acetone i believe. i would be weary of trying this....

but im sure if you put 3 ounces in an empty tank then filled up completely, it would be diluted enough.

someone else try this and let me know! lol
Old 07-23-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

I'm my old dirtbike we'd just mix the oil in a can of gas, shake the crap out of it then pour. This would at least get the oil emulsified in the gas and i'd try and dump it in while I had like half a tank then fill up on top of that.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Addict

Also, in my GN we mixed a fuel additive with my alchohal to make it less corrosive to the aluminum intake. Also, smelt like grape when you burned it. Sounds like the same theory.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Sounds no different than adding the 3oz bottle of lucas oil fuel treatment (soybean oil) at fill up.