LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

hp tuner vs diablosport

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 07:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hp tuner vs diablosport

im leaning towards the hp tuner but i was just wondering, can you disable DOD with diablosport? thats one of my biggest things i want to do that i know i can get with the hp tuner
Old 07-31-2008, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes you can disable DOD with Diablosport. I'm not sure what year car you have but it won't work on any LS4 after 2006. But I'm sure you're well aware of that. If you have the money for HP I wouldn't even think twice about getting it. You can do so much more. Granted, I don't have either, but HP would be the only thing I would consider if I were going to get into tuning. And I'm sure basically everyone else will suggest you go with HP as well.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:10 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The predator can disable DoD as has been stated.
It will allow you to do pretty much anything you need, except tune for that MAF....I'd put the stocker back on even if you go with HPt, unless you really want to spend some time trying to dial in your tune...

Thanks
Mike
Old 07-31-2008, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

HP Tuners can do TCM, us Diablo owners are still waiting for it.

And yeah stock MAF is the way to go.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just remember that DS is a hand held tuner that comes preloaded with several developed tunes for regular or premium gas. The non DOD tune is good but like others have mentioned the tool won’t currently talk to the TCM to adjust shift firmness and such. Since the tool won’t talk to the trans (TCM) they take a bit of the TM out of the PCM to stop the Nanny function from robbing you of extra power. On the flip side they have the TM there to make the drive components last longer.

If you select the no DOD tune the only thing you will notice is shift feel will feel a bit flat or delayed due to the TM being removed from the PCM.

HP tuners will allow you to talk to the PCM/TCM and set much more but you will need to either know what you are setting or have someone help (I'm sure there are plenty of folks who will) with what things should be set to at least for a starting point.

What ever path you take, enjoy!

Quick Reply: hp tuner vs diablosport