LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Lateral arm finally fixed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Lateral arm finally fixed!

Well i finally repaired the bent lateral arm. After getting the Chilton manual i finally broke down and decided to start taking apart the rear suspension. Everything went fairly easy. Had to make a few stops at auto zone for some more deep sockets and a better quality torque wrench sence i forgot mine in Indiana. Has anyone messed with the rear suspention is there anything i should be cautious of after reassembly ? Was excited to finally get it done and tell everyone so i don't have pictures yet. Should have them uploaded in a few hours.

Last edited by Sint3k; 08-20-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just double check all bolts you removed and re-installed after driving it about 25 miles. Make sure to get the alignment checked. Anytime you replace bent suspension parts it will affect the alignment. Other than that you should be good.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:24 AM
TECH Addict

'bout damn time. We're discussing suspension upgrades right now @ NAIOA...but for the non-SS models, and after digging up your initial thread, it got me thinking about if you ever fixed that.

Specifically, we're talking about the BMR products.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
'bout damn time. We're discussing suspension upgrades right now @ NAIOA...but for the non-SS models, and after digging up your initial thread, it got me thinking about if you ever fixed that.

Specifically, we're talking about the BMR products.
I looked at the BMR's and the size is bigger but where its adjustable the threads are smaller then the threads on the oem arm. So i'm guessing there is the weakest point.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Interesting. I'm getting a ton of clunking around back there...I need to get under and start yanking on stuff to find the loose parts. It's probably endlinks again...but it could be any of the other bushings, too. Time for poly upgrades!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sint3k
I looked at the BMR's and the size is bigger but where its adjustable the threads are smaller then the threads on the oem arm. So i'm guessing there is the weakest point.
Might be smaller diameter, but what grade is it? and the more threads there are the better clamping force, meaning fine threads are better than course threads.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Interesting. I'm getting a ton of clunking around back there...I need to get under and start yanking on stuff to find the loose parts. It's probably endlinks again...but it could be any of the other bushings, too. Time for poly upgrades!
If your going Poly get ready for a rough ride, rubber is way softer, but get em, and find out how rough it is, and let us know if its tollerable!
Old 08-22-2008, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah...I know. My car is a mess now with the bad struts and possibly springs, plus the 20's...so I figure if I can go Poly while replacing the struts/springs they might not be as noticeable.