LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Brake Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i dont like the stock brakes on the monte ss either i got a 07 and they suck i mean why let a car go fast if u cant slow down without having the feel the pulseing.. i want to get up and if need to slow down i wanna be able to have a nice slow to the car with a nice and snooth feel to it i got 13k on the car and my brakes are in need of repair..yuk.. wouldant had a problem if they made us able to have a manual instead..
Old 10-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Launching!

Look what I got in the works! I know it probably won't decrease stopping distance...but it will shave a lil' weight and look ****. I read some articles on the C5 brake conversion on clubgp and figured...screw it I'm gonna try it. Plus a guy at work had frt/rear C5 rebuilt and re-powder coated calipers for sale for cheap! I think the rears will fit with GXP rotors and caliper brackets. The fronts work with 12 rotors and f-body caliper brackets and pads. And longer brake hoses. I got all the stuff coming. These pics are the calipers sitting on my stock stuff, which won't work. But it gives you the idea. I will let you all know what happens and will have more pics when I get it all installed.
Attached Thumbnails Brake Upgrades-100_0010.jpg   Brake Upgrades-100_0013.jpg  
Old 10-27-2008, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

should be interesting.

Quick Reply: Brake Upgrades