LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Sunroof Reseal

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof Reseal

So I noticed a little leak from my front dome lights. Being of course a good user I searched around the forum and read up on things like the sunroof drains leaking, the Onstar gasket, etc. Taz would be happy.

So we dropped the headliner, checked on all of it and they're good. Took it in to my mechanic to have him check in case we missed something. He also says they are good.

He told me what is pretty sure is happening the the rubber seal around my sunroof is breaking down and letting more water through than my drains can handle, so during heavy rain / highway driving the water floods up. His advice was to find a place to redo the seal on my sunroof.

Has anyone else had to this and gotten good results from it? I'm tempted just to take it to the local dealer and have them do it.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Mine did the exact same thing. Take it to the dealer. Its not a cheap fix but mine stopped leaking after they fixed it. I dont remember what I paid but I wasnt very happy that I even had to get it done. No more sunroofs for me.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by okie123
Mine did the exact same thing. Take it to the dealer. Its not a cheap fix but mine stopped leaking after they fixed it. I dont remember what I paid but I wasnt very happy that I even had to get it done. No more sunroofs for me.
Thanks, I'll have to go get it done. I'm not happy about this either. I was looking at it and thinking, 36,765 on the clock and the seal is messed up, you have to be shitting me.....
Old 09-22-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Are your cars outside all the time? If so get a cover for the to keep the UV exposure
down to as little as possible.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was wondering why after our drenching rains a couple weeks ago my rear passenger floor was wet under the mat. Must have been coming from the roof... damn!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

keep the seals moist/dressed and you'll be fine, just like you should do with all the seals on the doors, trunk, etc etc... so they don't dry out/crack...

have almost 59,000 miles on my car, and have had no issues at all with my sunroof... and it's outside in the sun all day long, from 6:30am to 5:45pm...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com